Kilner Way Retail Park thread

No matalan. Just argos halfords and a pets at home.

\Also a TK Max, Poundland and another big shop selling housewares and budget end clothes (can't remember its name.)

\Also a TK Max, Poundland and another big shop selling housewares and budget end clothes (can't remember its name.)

Dunelm and B&M Anna, plus a gym, if it's open

Dunelm and B&M Anna, plus a gym, if it's open

Theres a Home Bargains, but no B&M.

The gym wasnt open the last time I was there (a couple of weeks ago)

Theres a Home Bargains, but no B&M.

The gym wasnt open the last time I was there (a couple of weeks ago)

Thanks Nikki. I always get B&M and Home bargains mixed up:)

What on earth was happening at Kilner way today. Were all the idiotic, impatient, careless and inconsiderate drivers having a meeting!! Never seen such stupud driving in one place. Drivers were blocking entrance/exit so therefore vehicles backed up. Three cars ignored the fact I was trying to get out when it would have been much easier and make more sense to let people out and keep the traffic running smoothly.

Never again

I have to admit, very little thought went into the design of the road system on Kilner way.

I don't know who planned it, but I hope they don't get any more projects.

I think it was a local primary school competition on who could design the worst road design

What on earth was happening at Kilner way today. Were all the idiotic, impatient, careless and inconsiderate drivers having a meeting!! Never seen such stupud driving in one place. Drivers were blocking entrance/exit so therefore vehicles backed up. Three cars ignored the fact I was trying to get out when it would have been much easier and make more sense to let people out and keep the traffic running smoothly.

Never again

Don't let that put you off, it was one of Sheffield's regular Drive Stupid Days. Don't take it personally.

Don't let that put you off, it was one of Sheffield's regular Drive Stupid Days. Don't take it personally.

I must have gate crashed their party :wink:

I do realise it is very badly designed but people's driving was atrocious which made it much worse

I must have gate crashed their party :wink:

I do realise it is very badly designed but people's driving was atrocious which made it much worse

Yes, the local Drive Stupid Club meet there once a week, it was just bad timing in your part :)

I’ve visited the retail park occasionally (usually to pick up stuff late at night from the Argos, classy lady that I am) and yes, the entrances to the parking areas outside the shops are very tight, almost as if the designers of the retail park expected Sheffield’s drivers to be patient and courteous to each other . . . how silly of them :hihi:

Anyway, I don’t use the side entrances at all now, and prefer to charge straight to the end, and then loop back to my shop of choice . . . usually the cheap ones :)

The junctions on to the highway from all of the car parks are ridiculously narrow and it is clear that whoever designed the layout has made a huge mistake here. It is actually impossible for any vehicle to enter or leave the car parking areas if there is another vehicle coming in the opposite direction.

It’s the same at the new St James retail park at Meadowhead, cars going in have to hang back to let cars exiting get round the corners. Much too narrow, yet they have very wide walkways which could have given extra road width.

Having a coffee in a fairly busy Costa. Quite busy in the car park too. What a shame not all units are in use. Where are you Matalan, M&S food, Boots/ Superdrug  etc?