Was anyone involved with One-Eleven Motor Club.

Hi, are they still any members of what was the 111 motor club, from around the late 70's to early 80's? I'm trying to find out some family history/records/info, both my Dad and Uncle used to rally with this club, so it would be really nice to see what I can find out. Thanks very much.

No, it was the Barraclough brothers, they rallied the old Saab, 96 I think (the sloped back one). They then went onto the rescue side and ran a rescue unit for the MSA, initially a old style green Transit, then Land Rover, then Range Rover then a series of American Chassis units.

I was! The club nights from my era were at The Big Tree and Laycock's sports club. There was a short period elsewhere but I can't remember the name of the place. I'm getting old... :loopy:

I was! The club nights from my era were at The Big Tree and Laycock's sports club. There was a short period elsewhere but I can't remember the name of the place. I'm getting old... :loopy:

After Laycock's, the club moved to The Abbey at the end of Abbey Lane, but it was already coughing up blood by then. I think it lasted less than 12 months after the move before it eventually folded, and I was one of the last members. Sad, but I have some some happy memories during my 10-11 years that I was competing on the stages. I'm still heavily involved in motorsport professionally, and what started as an hobby (obsession) grew into my livelihood.

There's now a recently created Facebook group for old 1-11 members :)

I recall that the 1-11 left the Big Tree for The Cross Scythes on Derbyshire Lane. Hi

I was in the club through the 70s and 80s doing mainly road rallying.

Would love to hear from members around that time who knew me, Dave Atkinson