Does anyone remember any of the old shops in Hillsborough

Fleetwood its made by Webber and Harrison and they were in Croydon now they are based in Weymouth but still going.

---------- Post added 15-12-2017 at 14:19 ----------

Hillsbro it was originally Bert Beeches Cycle shop.

---------- Post added 15-12-2017 at 14:23 ----------

Mossdog, Steve Spooner the son and Grandson is on Facebook and if i remember Thomas's was were Graingers went to after Thomas's moved to the corner shop.Steve is a facebook friend of mine and i speak nearly everyday to him,ime sure he would be pleased to give you any info you require about the shop,He is more prolific on Mike Carvers Sheffield Hearts and Roots site.Mike died last year and came from Carlton road before heading south but the site is one of the best on FB for expats and that means anyone who doesnt live in Sheffield now but its not tight at that there is a bit of slack.

---------- Post added 15-12-2017 at 14:32 ----------

arrodbo Oates was a step back in time,two brothers who appeared a little strange but knew their stuff,i think Ma Oates owned a bit of property she rented out in Hillsborough.

.......Thanks for that BB will investigate!

As I was born in Hillsborough in 1946 does anyone have any memories of the old shops in the period 1950-1960's, ? I remember playing on Wadsley Common, and in Beeley Woods.

178 Patricia

I used to work on Taplin Road in the early 80s at Jacks the cobblers, always remember the wonderful pork smells coming from Kelseys butchers!

Oates electrical shop top of Parkside Rd. Also a cycle shop on Leppings Lane/ Catchbar lane.

I remember there was "young Mr Oates" who seemed to be in his sixties, and "old Mr Oates".

Hi, Just wondering if anyone would of known my Grandfather. He owned a cafe on Middlewood Road opposite Hillsborough Park. Sometime in the 1950s. He was Polish. His name Stanislaw Neckarski. Trying to find out more about him as sadly i never got to meet him as he died in 1964