Flu jab and viral illness

Another reason why an older person may want to get their flu vaccination:

"The blood itself changes slightly with age. Normal aging causes a reduction in total body water. As part of this, there is less fluid in the bloodstream, so blood volume decreases.

The speed with which red blood cells are produced in response to stress or illness is reduced. This creates a slower response to blood loss and anemia.

Most of the white blood cells stay at the same levels, although certain white blood cells important to immunity (neutrophils) decrease in their number and ability to fight off bacteria. This reduces the ability to resist infection. "

Just an aside. Today I bought a gadget from my local chemist that measures your oxygen saturation, vascular health, and pulse rate. Together with Boots

wrist blood pressure monitor, you can have your own (limited) home-based health monitoring station. Ideal for all those fitness conscious runners and cyclists. And you don't need a computer so that you can get your readings.

Yes I had flu jab but have got flu

Bed for 4 days Loss of appetite

Lost 3 kg in 3 days!

Yes I had flu jab but have got flu

Bed for 4 days Loss of appetite

Lost 3 kg in 3 days!

What exactly are you trying to say here?

You know the flu jab isn't 100% effective right?

Having had what I've thought is flu this year, I'm getting a jab next year. If ive not had flu this year, merely a heavy cold, I really don't want flu next year. I know it's not absolute, I know I'm feeding big pharma, but I felt like crap over Christmas so I'm going to give the vaccine a go.

Is it common never to have had flu? I haven't so far (touch wood) and I'm no spring chicken.

We were advised by all and sundry to get the flue jab last November.

Adds in the papers , notices in the Doctors surgery's , chemist shops and so on , so we all rolled our sleeves and suffered a couple of days of feeling crap.

All this must have cost the health service millions , money paid to the drug companies in Switzerland etc, then the doctor and chemist fee for stabbing us in the arm in the ten seconds allowed.

Guess what every one now seems to have flue , its not the proper flue apparently but a strain from Indo China or Australia that the jab is useless against .

I am coughing and spluttering as I type having caught it of my other half who caught it from some one on the bus.

That's me done with flue jabs as they come up with the same story every year while raking in the millions .

If you're having trouble with the flue, you don't need a GP or a jab....a chimney sweep or builder is a better bet!

Adds in the papers , notices in the Doctors surgery's , chemist shops and so on , so we all rolled our sleeves and suffered a couple of days of feeling crap.

All this must have cost the health service millions , money paid to the drug companies in Switzerland etc, then the doctor and chemist fee for stabbing us in the arm in the ten seconds allowed.

Guess what every one now seems to have flue , its not the proper flue apparently but a strain from Indo China or Australia that the jab is useless against .

I am coughing and spluttering as I type having caught it of my other half who caught it from some one on the bus.

That's me done with flue jabs as they come up with the same story every year while raking in the millions .

Not EVERYONE has the flu.

SOME people have flu - many many others have the common cold which is pretty standard for winter months.

ALL of my colleagues have had the 'flu jab - many of them have had colds but no one has had flu..... and we are front line staff.

If you are on SF - sitting at your computer moaning about flu then you don't have flu.

Not EVERYONE has the flu.

SOME people have flu - many many others have the common cold which is pretty standard for winter months.

ALL of my colleagues have had the 'flu jab - many of them have had colds but no one has had flu..... and we are front line staff.

If you are on SF - sitting at your computer moaning about flu then you don't have flu.

Perhaps you would like to change places with my wife who has been bedridden for five days . being sick, headache , high temperature and a cough that has left her in pain .

I have now come down with same , and apart from being sat at my computer I also have to put the bin out , mash the tea and go to the lave .:loopy:

The reason the vaccine was pushed harder (if it was) is that we knew from Australia that a virulent flu strain was coming (Ah3n2). It has caused increased hospitalisations across the northern hemisphere this year.

A cold and the flu are totally different even if some symptoms are the same.