Blades versus bristol city.

To be honest from the kop it looked a good tackle
I often think refs and linesmen are in the wrong place. From the south stand people around me can see whether a ball's gone out or not on the John St side better than the ref or linesman. It's truly amazing :hihi:

I often think refs and linesmen are in the wrong place. From the south stand people around me can see whether a ball's gone out or not on the John St side better than the ref or linesman. It's truly amazing :hihi:

25,000 referees. They need to just ask us

Haha, imagine if that happened. Would an away team ever win a match?

Isn't the origin of "Referee" somebody the teams "refer to" when they don't agree that there is a goal, foul, handball... etc. ??

Richard

Think we need to do a bit of strengthening at the back in January. We could struggle until then as we are lacking and it's letting us down at the mo. Never been so entertained loosing though! It's hard to be disappointed really but don't want a rot to set in. Not sure we'll get much from the next 2 games. Roll on transfer window!

Wilder concentrated on defence in pre season more than any other part of the team,so it's disappointing to see this let us down,and maybe having to go back to it in January,but I don't think he will.

It is basic errors,Stearman,bought to bring experience and organisation to the back,I would have thought,is marking space and playing Flint onside instead of getting out of the area,Flint is going to stay there as long as Stearman is playing him on,waiting for a ball to come in.Moore should have told him to get out,but both of them are switched off.

Wilder is not piling on attacking players expecting a dozy defender to not know his job and cost us,so shutting up shop with 10 men is still no guarantee of not being beaten if defenders don't defend.

Awful goal,and one which was so simple to stop.

Wilder concentrated on defence in pre season more than any other part of the team,so it's disappointing to see this let us down,and maybe having to go back to it in January,but I don't think he will.

It is basic errors,Stearman,bought to bring experience and organisation to the back,I would have thought,is marking space and playing Flint onside instead of getting out of the area,Flint is going to stay there as long as Stearman is playing him on,waiting for a ball to come in.Moore should have told him to get out,but both of them are switched off.

Wilder is not piling on attacking players expecting a dozy defender to not know his job and cost us,so shutting up shop with 10 men is still no guarantee of not being beaten if defenders don't defend.

Awful goal,and one which was so simple to stop.

Friday night's winner? I just looked at it on Youtube and at the time of the pass a Bristol player looks offside. I can't see anyone playing a Bristol player onside. All the Utd defenders think so too. 1:54 on this video clip

Are you talking about that incident?

Friday night's winner? I just looked at it on Youtube and at the time of the pass a Bristol player looks offside. I can't see anyone playing a Bristol player onside. All the Utd defenders think so too. 1:54 on this video clip

Are you talking about that incident?

Yes,but the offside player is not interfering with play,Flint is onside.At first there was some doubt,but the side on camera showed he was definitely onside.

The margin is so small and the rapid back and forth of the ball just prior make me think you're being hyper-critical of Stearman.

For me, any error comes in not dealing with the balls that led to the cross.

The margin is so small and the rapid back and forth of the ball just prior make me think you're being hyper-critical of Stearman.

For me, any error comes in not dealing with the balls that led to the cross.

We did deal with it,Basham gets in the tackle and it flies straight to Flint,another example of how lucky they were,Stevens has stepped up and played Flint offside,Stearman has stayed in and played him on,it's an error in basic defending by Stearman in not stepping out with the line of defence.

We did deal with it,Basham gets in the tackle and it flies straight to Flint,another example of how lucky they were
I'm not a big believer in luck. Two Utd defenders failed to get the ball out of the danger area, with the result it went straight to an opponent for him to cross in.

Stuff like that happens sometimes. Yeah, Stearman could have stepped out a bit. The other defenders failed to deal with a loose ball. The players will know that. Stearman is relatively new into the starting line-up this season. Presumably his basic knowledge and habit is fairly well built in to him, but match sharpness comes from matches.

Edited by Antone

I'm not a big believer in luck. Two Utd defenders failed to get the ball out of the danger area, with the result it went straight to an opponent for him to cross in.

And the scorer would have been offside if the defender,Stearman,had switched on and stepped up.Basham got the block in,it could have easily deflected the other way and gone out for a throw in,game over,it's a draw.They could have been even luckier,because other shots of theirs that we blocked deflected away from Moore and had him struggling to get across goal to them,another deflected away from him and just wide.It's a long time since I saw a game like that where one team had so much luck go their way.

According to some, Fleck had a black boot on his left foot, and a yellow boot on his right foot?