Who gets the match ball

I thought that today, perhaps they are given one each, as the game has to have more than one, obviously only one on the field. When was the last time a Blades player scored at least three goals in two successive games (or indeed anybody else in modern day First and second division as I knew it last 60 years). Perhaps Jimmy Greaves ?

Kane did it last year and I imagine Messi and CR7 have done it too.

But Clarke didn't get it in 2 successive, but did in 2 succesive home games.

Edit: Just checked, CR7 has done it before, twice... in fact he also had a run of 3 games in a row with hat tricks, albeit one of the games being for Portugal.

Edited by Robbie Loving

Kane did it last year and I imagine Messi and CR7 have done it too.

But Clarke didn't get it in 2 successive, but did in 2 succesive home games.

Edit: Just checked, CR7 has done it before, twice... in fact he also had a run of 3 games in a row with hat tricks, albeit one of the games being for Portugal.

I meant in English top league football, and thanks for the Harry Kane answer and as a genuine question, I thought that Alan Shearer might have been in there somewhere and I don't want to take owt from Jimmy Greaves -if he actually did it- as when Jimmy only scored one goal in a game he was having a bad day. Denis Law scored six goals for Manchester City in an away game against Luton Town , the game was abandoned due to fog, so the score and scorers didn't count. In the replay Luton won 3-1 with Denis scoring the City goal . Thank you Robbie.

Edited by stpetre
add

"When was the last time a Blades player scored at least three goals in two successive games"

Brian Deane, January 1993. v Burnley in FA cup reply and v Ipswich in the PL.

"When was the last time a Blades player scored at least three goals in two successive games"

Brian Deane, January 1993. v Burnley in FA cup reply and v Ipswich in the PL.

And nobodies done it since.

George Best scored 6 for Manure (against Northampton?).

It might have been South Anston! :hihi:

I think Ted McDougal scored 7 in a game back in the day .........................