Sound problem PC TO TV

sound problem i have a PC hook to my 5.1 and then to my TV with HDMI. now and then the sound goes funny like a 45 record playing at 33 speed is the best way i can put it. Then i have to reboot it. Always when we have a movie on drives me mad

How is the sound output to the amp? Through HDMI?

yes all hdmi everything is freesat dvd but its just the pc that has problem

Just googled it and found this

I just had a similar issue. My notebook's sound was set to 96kHz but my HDMI speakers set to 48kHz. Change your notebook's sample rate to 48kHz and reconnect your HDMI and the issue will be fixed.

Checking on my own PC, if I right click the speaker and then click "playback devices", select my HDMI out (in my case NVidia High Definition Audio), click "properties" and then go to the advanced tab, there's a dropdown list, in my case disabled with sample rate and bit depth, again in my case this says 16bit 48000 Hz (DVD Quality).

I'd suggest having a play about, change that setting, particularly if it's set to 96k or something high!

Interestingly my hdmi out only appears to support stereo...

My soundblaster optical out offers support however for 44.1 - 96k Hz and DTS Audio, Dolby Digital and Microsoft WMA. And up to 24 bit.

I've actually got a surround sound amp sat under my desk, but I've not got around to connecting it.