Traffic lights on Fraiser Road - stuck on red

Just letting you all know that the temp lights on Fraiser RD, are both on red, so instead of sitting there in your car like a plank, just drive through!

Noticed that today. Sat like a plank for about 5 mins before driving through, and waved at the dozen drivers sat like planks at the bottom. :hihi:

Have to appreciate the genius of the maintenance team though, the way they have cheekily placed the lights just where you can't see the other lights and queueing traffic, for maximum disruption.

have you reported this to 101 ?

have you reported this to 101 ?

Is it a Police matter? Or is it a Council matter?

report it to 101 if you are unable to work it out they will help you

I was sat behind a car the other day at some temp lights which weren't changing, I beeped him a couple of times to tell him to roll forward and the sensor would then pick him up and they would change but he didn't understand at first, spent about 5 mins there myself hahaha

report it to 101 if you are unable to work it out they will help you

I wouldn't waste the Police time reporting a traffic light!!

I wouldn't waste the Police time reporting a traffic light!!

101 is a joint police/council service so the council side of it should be able to help. The problem with this is they may not be council traffic lights so it might take a while for them to track down the contractor.

101 is a joint police/council service so the council side of it should be able to help. The problem with this is they may not be council traffic lights so it might take a while for them to track down the contractor.

These type of signals are usually hired.

The Temporary traffic signals usually have the hire company name and contact details on the signal head or the controller casing.

If the lights arnt council owned they should know who the contractor is so they can deal with it

If the lights arnt council owned they should know who the contractor is so they can deal with it

When someone rings up in the middle of the night to complain that that the temporary signals are out or stuck, the guy they get put through to at the Olive Grove Depot will not know which contractor is working there or how to contact them, so they send the night standby out to check whose signals they are, make safe and call out the signal hire company.

So, if you can see the hire company details, call them and cut out the middle men!

Will the hire company be there in the middle of the night? Personally I would not be faffing about looking for phone numbers if it was dark, I would report it to the council and let them worry about it.

Surprising that the council don't have details of contractors working on the roads to hand, even during the night.