Life in Wincobank Ave

Another one.Have you even thought whether Jerro22 is coming to work?or just coming to sponge and bleed our system dry.If Jerro22 has a job to come here to, then he is most welcome,if on the other hand he wants a free life, he can stay where he is,thank you.

I couldn't agree more.:D

Dear all,

Please what is life like in Wincobank Avenue as a black family? Planning to move with my family to wincobank avenue close to 3-16 hinde school and I just kind of being curious as we are moving from Africa to live in Sheffield. Your response is highly appreciated.

what part of africa are you from , what kind of work did you do and what kind of work will you be doing in sheffield ?

i used to live at top end of winco ave, theres a great chinese takeaway across from the chapel, it is a predominantly "white" area, many of the "whites" are not British and from eastern european countries (dont start calling me racist, im stating a fact!), only a 5 min walk to firth park shops which is good, Im sure you will be OK, though SOME eastern europeans can tend to be racist against black people for some reason, I dunno why tho!

never been a troll in my life and as the OP said "QUOTE Planning to move with my family to wincobank avenue close to 3-16 hinde school and I just kind of being curious as we are moving from Africa to live in Sheffield "

and as the only houses on wincobank avenue are either council or a housing association properties

I know I wasn't saying you are a troll, I was agreeing with you...:D

i used to live at top end of winco ave, theres a great chinese takeaway across from the chapel, it is a predominantly "white" area, many of the "whites" are not British and from eastern european countries (dont start calling me racist, im stating a fact!), only a 5 min walk to firth park shops which is good, Im sure you will be OK, though SOME eastern europeans can tend to be racist against black people for some reason, I dunno why tho!

You are making this up, there are far more African on that estate than there are Eastern Europeans.

It is predominantly white though, but the council are working hard to rectify this.

Dear all,

Please what is life like in Wincobank Avenue as a black family? Planning to move with my family to wincobank avenue close to 3-16 hinde school and I just kind of being curious as we are moving from Africa to live in Sheffield. Your response is highly appreciated.

What has being black got anything to do with it?

At no point does it state they are Black, nor African?

They could well have lived in the UK worked in Africa and be returning? They could be South African? They may have been born to white parents in Africa?

If you move from England to France, you aren't necessarily British.

At no point does it state they are Black, nor African?

They could well have lived in the UK worked in Africa and be returning? They could be South African? They may have been born to white parents in Africa?

If you move from England to France, you aren't necessarily British.

"Please what is life like in Wincobank Avenue as a black family?"

"Please what is life like in Wincobank Avenue as a black family?"

Oops I must have misread !

Oops I must have misread !

Well, true, they may not be black, they might just want some idea, for some random reason, what it is like for a black family, but thats unlikely :P:)

The reason this is an obvious troll is for several reasons. As the OP is from overseas they wouldn't be entitled to housing. Then if they were they'd have no idea where they were going to be housed. If they know people already here they'd ask them what the area is like. I can't believe how some can be so gullible to fall for these consistent made up threads..:)

The reason this is an obvious troll is for several reasons. As the OP is from overseas they wouldn't be entitled to housing. Then if they were they'd have no idea where they were going to be housed. If they know people already here they'd ask them what the area is like. I can't believe how some can be so gullible to fall for these consistent made up threads..:)

You maybe right, especially while there are topics like this on the forum

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9030068&postcount=1

I don't think it worked though, people have been pretty civilized on this topic to say... :)

Some people on this forum really make me ashamed of Sheffield at times. The constant accusations and assumptions that people are coming to "sponge" etc - whatever happened to giving people a chance and making these comments if they become relevant in the future? Why does every thread I read have to turn into a slanging match after a perfectly simple and innocent OP?

Jerro22 - I have friends on Wincobank and they are very friendly and will most certainly welcome you and your family. My advice though - bring an umbrella and several jumpers ;-)

Why not,half of Europe and Asia are.