How long until Cannabis is legal in the UK?

Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly. Get rid of a black market on anything and you get rid of most the crime. Once you make a popular past time legal everybody wins except the crooks. Prohibition in the States proved that point , big tiime.

Absolutely. It's dumbfounding that people don't seem to understand this.

Stoned people tend to avoid issues.

Was one of the reasons give that Woodstock with its 400,000 + hippies was almost free of any crime or arrests.

I give it 5 years. I just don't see how people can find this drug more dangerous than alcohol!? It clearly is not. You'll find crime rates have dropped significantly in the legalised US states. ****** up people tend to cause issues. Stoned people tend to avoid issues.

Keeping it illegal just pumps money into criminal gangs, instead of taking the tax and investing it into bettering out country and help for those who're dependant on stronger drugs such as alcohol.

One of the reasons given is adverse effects on mental health.

The basis of these claims are scientific studies on illegal drug users, who are trusted to (accurately) self-report the quantity and frequency of their use.

Well now there's an entire country to use as a comparison, now it can truly be seen what the effects of legal consumption will be on the general populous.

One of the reasons given is adverse effects on mental health.

The basis of these claims are scientific studies on illegal drug users, who are trusted to (accurately) self-report the quantity and frequency of their use.

Well now there's an entire country to use as a comparison, now it can truly be seen what the effects of legal consumption will be on the general populous.

What's missing from these studies, which are far from conclusive given their widely divergent findings, is any measurement of the mental health benefits conferred through cannabis use, in comparison to other common forms of self-medication like alcohol or opiate use.

Russia has warned Canada that they are violating international drug trafficking laws by legalising cannabis lol. This coming from Putin who violates 2 or 3 international laws before breakfast every day.:o

I can pretty much envisage him tucking into porridge and vodka in his dressing gown, reading a long list of international laws in lieu of a newspaper, and crossing a couple off with a red biro, whilst humming cheerfully to himself.

I can pretty much envisage him tucking into porridge and vodka in his dressing gown, reading a long list of international laws in lieu of a newspaper, and crossing a couple off with a red biro, whilst humming cheerfully to himself.

Yeah,humming along to Joe Brown's version of Hava Nagila while chugging on a fat one:D.

Edited by Ontarian1981

For me this is a worrying statistic:

The percentage of Canadian drivers killed in vehicle crashes who test positive for drugs (40%) now actually exceeds the numbers who test positive for alcohol (33%)

Impaired driving is the leading criminal cause of death and injury in Canada, and drug-impaired driving is increasing.

Drug driving convictions are increasing here too.

What you've gotta remember is the technology for a road side test has only been around for a short while, prior to that all someone had to do was pass a road-side impairment test.

Now because it's so much simpler the test has become routine and many more people are being caught.

Russia has warned Canada that they are violating international drug trafficking laws by legalising cannabis lol. This coming from Putin who violates 2 or 3 international laws before breakfast every day.:o

That doesn't even make sense. It's already legal for states to deal in cannabis, the UK is currently one of the largest exporters.

And internal laws on drugs clearly don't affect trafficking, Canada hasn't made it legal for their citizens to export cannabis to anywhere it's illegal.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 10:57 ----------

Happening before legalisation...

So yet to see what the impact of legalisation will be.

Wait until you see the stats for those testing positive for caffeine...

Caffeine doesn't have a detrimental impact on driving of course, so it's not relevant.