Galaxy tab battery problem?

My wife's Samsung galaxy tab 3, 7" is taking ages to charge up. The charges we have all work O.K. on other things. Is this a sign that the battery in the tablet needs changing and is it worth it? Cheers.

Edited by Kidorry

I found this around, which might help answer your question - https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-3/347096-galaxy-tab-3-wont-charge.html

If it's still under warranty, try and contact Samsung about it, if not, see if you can find someone who knows how to repair it, or a repair shop.

I found this around, which might help answer your question - https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-3/347096-galaxy-tab-3-wont-charge.html

If it's still under warranty, try and contact Samsung about it, if not, see if you can find someone who knows how to repair it, or a repair shop.

It is well past its warranty so I will get someone to have a look at it to see if it is worth repairing or get another one. Cheers.

Has it always taken ages to charge up, or is it a recent thing?

Has it always taken ages to charge up, or is it a recent thing?

It is a recent thing.

My wife's Samsung galaxy tab 3, 7" is taking ages to charge up. The charges we have all work O.K. on other things. Is this a sign that the battery in the tablet needs changing and is it worth it? Cheers.

Have you still got the charger that came with it? Once charged, does the battery seem to last ok?

It could be a battery issue but it might be the chargers not being up to the job. In my case, I've found the battery dies fairly quick, or won't fully charge at all if it's on it's way out. If I ever need to get a charger, I try to get genuine or exact Volts/Amps if I have to use other makes. I've used mymemory.co.uk for genuine Samsung in the past.

Have you still got the charger that came with it? Once charged, does the battery seem to last ok?

It could be a battery issue but it might be the chargers not being up to the job. In my case, I've found the battery dies fairly quick, or won't fully charge at all if it's on it's way out. If I ever need to get a charger, I try to get genuine or exact Volts/Amps if I have to use other makes. I've used mymemory.co.uk for genuine Samsung in the past.

We have tried 2 or 3 different chargers and they all seem to be the same, so, I think I will borrow my mates Samsung charger to see if that is any different. Cheers.