The Mellor family - Hillsborough

Just saying Hi, as a new member. I now live in Cornwall and married a Cornishman, however, I went to Langsett Road School, the King Ecgbert at Dore. My family lived in hillsborough. I am currently researching my Fathers family, The Mellor family, if anyone can help or in fact knows me please contact me.

Hi Brokenpa, welcome to the forum.

I also went to King Ecgberts back i the day when it was an all girls school.

I can't help with the family tree, but try the Sheffield history and expats section.

Good luck.

Hi Brokenpa jean was my mum and bill my dad you will remember me as mary anne I live in sheffield

Hello Brokenpa, so you live in Cornwall, it is great down there. 

On 28 August 2018 at 14:39, Brokenpa said:

Just saying Hi, as a new member. I now live in Cornwall and married a Cornishman, however, I went to Langsett Road School, the King Ecgbert at Dore. My family lived in hillsborough. I am currently researching my Fathers family, The Mellor family, if anyone can help or in fact knows me please contact me.

HI,brokenpa,my mother was related to your dad .I am Jackie,nee Taylor now Robinson.My mother was Winifred Mellor.

Hi Robbomax my father was bill mellor joseph brother  sorry but I never heard off a Winifred is she  a sister of joseph

My nans maiden name is mellor. Shes 88 lives in ecclesfield now tho not sure where she started life.

On 28 August 2018 at 14:39, Brokenpa said:

My mother-in-laws maiden name was Winifred mellor.My Wiife and I used to see joe and Liza in the dial house club.Joe I believe was a lorry driver at some time. ALso he became a caretaker at a care home complex on minto rd.I think they moved onto the langsett estate. Later on.Is your name Diane.If we belong to the same Mellor family I have done some resarch in the past that might be helpful to you.

Hi Robbomax my father Bill was joes brother and ive never heard him mention a Winifred if you are related I would be interested to hear more ive asked other members of family and they not heard of Winifred either

Hi Mary.shaw, brokenpa posted this topic in 2018 and has not replied to any of these posts.My last post details where Joe lived at certain times ,could this info tie up with your dad Bill as he would have known where Joe lived etc.

im not sure were he lived but is wife name was liza my dad has died now only sister I new was Irene fitton  joe and liza use to visit our house but I was only 14 years old he had a brother called harry aswell

Did you and your family come to live on proctor place about 1963?

i am jack watson,and if that is your family I do remember you moving in etc...

angela? chris ?

we lived at number 4,in one of the 3 houses next to Kinema.

In 1965, we moved to new estate in Stannington..