PSVR - anyone here has one?

After 30-odd years of patiently waiting for consumer-grade gaming VR to become a reliable and price-reasonable reality, I finally gave in last night and bought a PSVR bundle, as a Xmas present to myself :)

I've been following VR for decades (anyone old enough and already into games at the time to remember Konix' and 3DO's respective noises about gaming VR?). And of course the more recent baby steps of Oculus and its snowballing effect of the past 2-3 years.

In the end I decided that a PSVR was the right price-performance-feature ratio to finally dib my toes in (with the Star Wars Battlefront X-Wing mission and the upcoming Ace Combat 7 flight sim comfortably at the top of my 'want/to play' list).

I've long developed a preference for racing and flight sims, with the odd side-helping of FPS, but I'm wondering if it will broaden my gaming tastes again.

Has anyone here got a PSVR, and what is your personal experience of it? Any preferred game styles and games?

ive had in a bit now i think its brilliant for money been playing

rigs [good game but does make me feel sick]

pinball fx2 vr

rush of blood

job simulator

vr worlds

keep talking and nobody explodes

vr playroom {brilliant games in here}

to name just a few

first game i tried was vr worlds and that got me hooked was blown away having only tried cheap vr mobile googles upto then

havent tried a 3d bluray yet but will be doing

if you have psn gold account i think at min rush of blood is free

its a shame they didnt make better move controllers but they do a decent job if your camera is setup right and all the vr settings are set up right

really been enjoying playing pinball fx2 vr really good and got it on offer for something like 6 pounds

Edited by grand

Thx for the reply, grand. I'm looking forward to VR Worlds (bundled), GT Sports and the XWing mission of Star Wars Battlefront 1 come Xmas day (I'm self-hurting like that: as I type this, the PSVR has been in its box unopened, with the other Xmas presents to wrap, next to my desk for a couple weeks now :hihi:)

It's a real shame that there is still silence about any VR developments (as add-ons or demos or whatnot) on Project Cars 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2, and that Ace Combat 7 VR is taking on increasing appearances of vapourware (or, well, just 'side job' content like for Star Wars Battlefront 1 and GT Sports: I had it in mind the whole campaign was going to be playable in VR).

I got hold of a G29 set-up dirt cheap on another forum back in September, and Project Cars 2 really is something else with a wheel, more so than GT Sports. My last experience was Forza 5 (IIRC) on xbox 360 with the official Microsoft 360 FFB wheel, and things have moved on a fair bit, so I can't hardly wait to 'complete' the experience with VR (short of booking a track day :D).

Recently heard about/discovered TrinusVR as well, so there's tons of very good PC racers (particularly LFS) and flight sims ready for the trying as well :thumbsup:

I tried it for few times. Cant really say if its good or bad, because those things (VR devices) are giving me heavy motion sickness and dizziness. But, its just me, lots of people are using it with no problems.

quick tip have a fan blowing in your face cuts the motion sickness down alot

---------- Post added 11-12-2017 at 19:54 ----------

yea trinus for psvr as been up and running a bit now not had time to look at it to be honest

---------- Post added 11-12-2017 at 19:56 ----------

farpoint as just had a new free update with a pvp added person vs person

really need the aim gun to enjoy farpoint tho and its expensive as cant be bought alone it comes bundles with farpoint but all reviews of the aim controller is good also there as been a few games released now that take advantage of the aim controller

check out on youtube psvr frank for everything psvr

Edited by grand

check out on youtube psvr frank for everything psvr
I have done for a good while, but it's nice to get first-hand feedback from users on here :)

There's some stonking stuff on the way, including WipeOut VR, which will be completely free as an add-on to owners of the WipeOut Omega Collection, and allow gameplay of the whole game (all tracks, all modes, etc. plus 3 new ships). Cheers for the tip, grandp, that fan's going come handy, methinks! :hihi:

Makes me quite glad I bagged the steel box edition (with the PS1-style outer sleeve) for £12 at CEX a couple of months ago :thumbsup:

Besides these, I'm still very much looking forward to AC7, but also that new CS:Go-like game, Alvo (current name AFAIK).

Re. the aim controller, does it work any differently to one of these (PS3 Sharpshooter)?

Edited by L00b

the aim controller is diffrent its all built into one gun its not like ps2 attaching the move to it have a look here mate

---------- Post added 13-12-2017 at 16:17 ----------

Argos has aim bundled with farpoint 56 quid none in stock at moment but can collect in 4 days

Bargain as its selling on ebay for 90 quid

Well, the PSVR is everything I was expecting, and more :D

X Wing VR mission and Driveclub VR (with a G29) have been my personal highlights so far, but I've yet to try GT Sports. It was nearly more fun sitting in the xwing and exploring the cockpit/flipping switches and stuff, than flying the mission :hihi:

No vertigo or motion sickness at all, but I've not spent much more than 30 mins at a stretch.

been playing alot of farpoint pvp today really good with aim controller

also the rec room is fun and free

if you go on playstation store they have lots of psvr games half price are better at moment bought about 6 today myself

rush of blood with move controllers is also very good

going to have to get myself a wheel and give gt sports a go had a go on driveclub a bit back but totally diffrent with a pad

also been playing alot of dick wilde with aim really addivictive game

---------- Post added 29-12-2017 at 18:09 ----------

bought headmasters today half price brilliant on party mode with a few players also arizona sunshine

Edited by grand

Played some more with it yesterday, tried London Heist (library room gunfight is good replayable fun - rest isn't), VR Luge (fun for 5 mins, but then forgettable) and that VR Ball/3D Pong thing (same, fun for 5 mins, but then forgettable), downloaded Job Simulator (daughter present, she loves it, I can't see point/interest) but yet to install and try EVE Valkyrie (disc version, Xmas present).

Also had my parents and M-i-L try it, all on the VR Descent (sea trip, no shark version) plus a bit of Driveclub VR with steering wheel for my Dad. All were seated for the experience, but reported some vertigo a couple minutes into the sea demo (tolerable until end of trip), and my Dad reported the onset of nausea after only a half-minute of the Driveclub VR time attack demo (very 'turny' circuit with leafy trees).

I'm still enjoying the Xwing mission the most, out of all these experiences. But then I've been a SW fan for decades, so I'm easily pleased ;)

Edited by L00b