Sign in to follow this  

Any VW/VW Bora owners

Looking in to buying the 115TDI model, I've seen a couple and one with 140k on the clock, about 11 years old. Now I've herd the engines will work way past that, but the turbos can go quite a bit earlier.

The one I'm looking at has 12 months tax and test which is good, but I doubt I'll get it...since there is 4 people looking at it tonight alone :(

What other signs should I look out for, I'll be asking questions about the sump, water pump and when the cambelt was replaced, as I've herd these are the pieces that can go with this kind of mileage.

Guest brownd95

Hi,

Ive got a bora which ive owned for a yearyear 2000 model.

check that the electric windows work and go down all the way!!

check that the electric mirror control knob works

these were all faulty on mine when i bought it.

Didnt think about checking rear ALL the way down, then tried it at home later in the week and it popped off its runner!!

Since then ive had bushes changed front and back, a coil spring

Also make sure the CHECK engine light isnt on. give it a run around the block. So many boras ive heard about with these lit and could be lambda sensor etc

good luck

Hi,

Ive got a bora which ive owned for a yearyear 2000 model.

check that the electric windows work and go down all the way!!

check that the electric mirror control knob works

these were all faulty on mine when i bought it.

Didnt think about checking rear ALL the way down, then tried it at home later in the week and it popped off its runner!!

Since then ive had bushes changed front and back, a coil spring

Also make sure the CHECK engine light isnt on. give it a run around the block. So many boras ive heard about with these lit and could be lambda sensor etc

good luck

Which engine is yours BTW? and hows it worked for you?

I'll be having a short drive in it, well... in the passanger seat I assume, and I'll be sure to check all the electrics. Seen a nice set of coil springs online for £150 so I'll more than likely to be changing the suspension anyways, probly do the bushes whilst I'm at it.