Synesthesia- Do you associate numbers with anything?

Here's what I've always associated with numbers but never known why. :huh:

1- The colour White

2- The colour Yellow

3- Believe it or not, I associate the No 3 with 'marshmallows'; but not a colour.

4- The colour Green and 'tuesday'

5- The colour Brown

6- The colour Red and 'triangles'

7- The colour Blue and 'squares' and 'thursday'

8- The colour Orange

9- Also the colour Red

10- The colour Black

I don't have that but I have another form of synesthesia where certain words taste of different foods. My husband thinks I'm very strange!

There are a few websites about the condition that make very interesting reading and I'm just glad other people have it and not just me!

I don't have that but I have another form of synesthesia where certain words taste of different foods. My husband thinks I'm very strange!

There are a few websites about the condition that make very interesting reading and I'm just glad other people have it and not just me!

No it's not just you. Weird innit!!

It's not just numbers you know..

I 'suffer' from it (as some might say) quite a lot, but I don't see it as a curse or problem like lots of people do...

I see it as a gift, especially when I listen to music, others listen to the same song or track at the same time, I tell people what I felt, and saw, and they get so Jealous

I can associate colours to months, or to shapes, I can associate smells to shapes too!

It's basically when senses are crossed, if one sense is stronger, and you stimulate that sense, it can 'bleed through' to other senses..

Kind of like tuning in a TV or radio and you get a bit of another station over the one you're watching.. :D

I used to get it a lot after taking LSD, I used to see sounds and taste colours.

The word lunch always makes me think of fried bread. I haven't had fried bread for years, and never for lunch so don't know why. The word mayo always reminds me of australians.

I highly recommended reading Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks if you have any interest in Synesthesia.

I don't associate numbers with anything but there was article once on BBC about 'seeing' time, I do that. I'll see if I can find the article.

I had a synaesthetic girlfriend once who saw shapes and colours when she came.

I had a synaesthetic girlfriend once who saw shapes and colours when she came.

Sorry, I thought you said synthetic.