How to tell someone they're patronising?

Yeah I'm stuck in a situation where a certain individual close to me is extremely patronising towards me (making me feel/look stupid, questioning my intelligence, etc).

How can I deal with this without offending them?

I would just tell them to **** off or be patronising back really sarcastically. I don't think you should worry about not offending them, tell them what they're doing, that it's peeing you off and to stop it.

You could try calmly and politely saying 'please can you try not to be so patronising'.

Yeah I'm stuck in a situation where a certain individual close to me is extremely patronising towards me (making me feel/look stupid, questioning my intelligence, etc).

Is this person the same to others or just you?

You could try calmly and politely saying 'please can you try not to be so patronising'.

Said especially in earshot of others.

Tactical nuclear weapons. They'll never know what hit them :cool:

You can't really but maybe direct them to this website (or similar) in a roundabout way http://www.succeedsocially.com/intellectual. Be warned, reading information like this can't really change people, it can help, but a leopard never shanges its spots. There's a strong possibility that they may use such information to manipulate people to their own advatage even though they don't generally adhere to the advice themselves - a sort of "front" if you like.

You can't really but maybe direct them to this website (or similar) in a roundabout way http://www.succeedsocially.com/intellectual. Be warned, reading information like this can't really change people, it can help, but a leopard never shanges its spots. There's a strong possibility that they may use such information to manipulate people to their own advatage even though they don't generally adhere to the advice themselves - a sort of "front" if you like.

You tanked up mecky?:D

You tanked up mecky?:D

No, but thanks for asking

Are you sure you're not imagining it?

Maybe you could ask someone who has heard the comments if they think the person is being patronising.

Guest sibon

Just tell them. At the next opportunity say "I find that a very patronising thing to say. It isn't the first time that you have done it either".

Much better than beating around the bush.