Parking caravans at home

Does anyone know the law on parking caravans on a driveway at your home I would appreciate any advice on the matter.:(

Dont think there is one,just park it,its your property.It is a mobile caravan?and not a static one?

Does anyone know the law on parking caravans on a driveway at your home I would appreciate any advice on the matter.:(

I think its OK to park but not legal to occupy as it is a breach of planning.Some people use their vans as an observation post upsetting neighbours.Make sure that squatters dont move in now the laws are tighter.

I think its OK to park but not legal to occupy as it is a breach of planning.Some people use their vans as an observation post upsetting neighbours.Make sure that squatters dont move in now the laws are tighter.

The last i read the government was proposing to change it from civil Law to criminal law (hope so).

Also make sure you are not parking it near to a neighbour's window where you could cut out some light. For a neighbour it can be annoying and stressful to have a caravan blocking their light.

I know someone who used a solicitor to sucessfully get a caravan removed from a neighbour's drive because they parked it right up to their window.

as long as it doesnt interfear with neighbour cant see if there would be an issue

might need to check the deeds of the house, or the lease. Some places, you are not allowed to hang out washing on a Sunday frinstance.

Thanks for the info but I wondered if there were any council byelaws that say you can only park for so long.Its not a static van.

One issue with having a caravan on the drive is that when you go away it says, "look here burglars, we're not at home".

might need to check the deeds of the house, or the lease. Some places, you are not allowed to hang out washing on a Sunday frinstance.

yeah this. Sometimes there are caviats on this sort of thing that should be in your housing deeds.

At one of my old houses we couldn't but that's because a neighbor had access through the drive way. Also on some private roads it is written in that you can't have boats or commercial vehicles.

I have parked our caravan on our front for years no one has ever said anything about it before,I think as long as you are parking it with out blocking anyone's drive or entrance there should be no problems,just try and park it sensibly and in a place that is not interfering with anyone else,I read an article once about not parking them over manhole covers or in front of a door or gate.

I'm thinking of getting a couple of caravans to park on the drive for no other reason than to annoy the neighbors.

Caravans are fantastic.They annoy everybody one way or another all the time.When they are being stored,when they are being towed,when they are spoiling the view at the seaside or in the country.They even annoy the people who own them when they have to sit in them on a rainy campsite listening to the kids squabbling and using a bathroom smaller than a particularly cramped broom cupboard.