Murder at Rivelin valley

This is only a vague thought, but as a child I seem to recall a murder there, I've tried googling but come up with nothing, it was in the late 60s early 70s.

I know someone who was killed on the allotments there but it was in the early to mid 80's. :(

Yes, I agree with Joey- but don't remember the details. It was definately the 80s, and down by the allotments.

was this the same one that was killed elsewhere and put down by the allotments, a few people were charged but the lad who did it returned to sheffield and gave himself up, that was in the late 80's i think

The one i'm thinking about was actually killed in one of the sheds on the allotments by two of his school "friends".

Yes, I agree with Joey- but don't remember the details. It was definately the 80s, and down by the allotments.

i remember a little about some bloke at the allotments,

his wife sent him to get cabbages, and he didnt arrive home, gosh

as far as it was known, she opened a tin of peas,

the incident was in the allotment shed and it was 3 friends that were glue sniffing and 2 of them decided to kill the 3rd using items that were left there. by all accounts the lads were well schooled and very polite but on this one day things turned wicked and someone lost there lives..this was in 91 not the 80's

I know which murder that you are all talking about. But, when I was a child there was a story that used to frighten all us kids, that there had been a man murdered who was an organ player, he was mutilated, i wondered if it had any truth in it or just one of those stories that start as a rumour and get bigger. It would have been 60s.

the incident was in the allotment shed and it was 3 friends that were glue sniffing and 2 of them decided to kill the 3rd using items that were left there. by all accounts the lads were well schooled and very polite but on this one day things turned wicked and someone lost there lives..this was in 91 not the 80's

Late 80's early 90's, they all went to my school.

They two that did it were hardly well schooled and one had the reading age of about 5 when he was 14.

Late 80's early 90's, they all went to my school.

They two that did it were hardly well schooled and one had the reading age of about 5 when he was 14.

i was just going on what the sheffield star said at the time of the incident but we all know what the media is like for telling the truth...:)

Was my best friend who was killed by his brothers friend , he was Andrew x

brian 1941.that comment made me laugh.