Colonoscopy - anyone had one?

I'm due to go for one tomorow and am a little apprehensive. Anyone been for one?

I had a number of them a few years ago (they were trying to work out whether I had any of the associated secondaries that some people with my cancer get- thankfully I didn't have them) and the anticipation and Citramag were far worse than what actually happened.

Don't fret about it- I didn't even have the sedative that they offered me, and it didn't really hurt.

there are no nerves in the colon so you wont feel anything other than a sense of discomfort. The preparations are worse than the procedure and it is quite interesting if you are able to see what's going on the screen they use to see the internal colon lining.

I'm due to go for one tomorow and am a little apprehensive. Anyone been for one?

Never had 1, but hope you get on ok :thumbsup:

I actually found it very interesting watching the screen, if only because it confirmed that everything was healthy and hunkydory (but then I'm the sort of person who asked to see their tumour after it was removed).

eek, nice lol. I just want to know whats wrong with me, I don't wanna see it :hihi:

I had one about 6 years ago - I found it quite interesting to watch things on the screen..very pink, like a new born mouse!! LOL!! I think that was how I saw it because my coil string was hanging out like a tail..:hihi:

Just like a very OTT smear - nothing to worry about.

Although the scraping and burning vinegar stuff they wipe you with is more uncomfortable than the norm!

:o

The Klean prep stuff is the foulest tasting stuff I've ever had :gag:

I won't be watching the screen, thats for sure :gag:

that;s what I thought before the first one but it really is quite remarkable

I had one about 6 years ago - I found it quite interesting to watch things on the screen..very pink, like a new born mouse!! LOL!! I think that was how I saw it because my coil string was hanging out like a tail..:hihi:

Just like a very OTT smear - nothing to worry about.

Although the scraping and burning vinegar stuff they wipe you with is more uncomfortable than the norm!

:o

I think you're thinking of a hysteroscopy rather than a colonoscopy.

In a colonoscopy you wouldn't be able to see a coil string.

I think you're thinking of a hysteroscopy rather than a colonoscopy.

In a colonoscopy you wouldn't be able to see a coil string.

Sorry I quickly proof read the title as saying ''colposcopy''.. :hihi::blush::lol:

No - not had one of these!!

Good Luck though eh, Rather this end than the other :D