Lorry wedged under Royal Hallamshire Hospital 18/10 /17

Line from person in star: "How it's happened, I have no idea."

:hihi:

That could possibly what contributed to the bad traffic. When B-road gets blocked it soon spreads to blocking Glossop Road, then Clarkson, then Western Bank, then Brook Hill - then the city can be brought to standstill from that.

It was dreadful today in town from about 4pm. I was stuck for ages.

Simple mistake blown out if proportion

Simple mistake blown out if proportion

That happens a lot here.

The driver should have gone to S..csavers.

Oh dear! It's bad enough with traffic round the hospital under normal circumstances!

That happens a lot here.

As does taxis parking in the ambulance bays.

When I was last at Hallamshire hospital there was a tailback of traffic that snaked all the way down Glossop road because an ambulance had to offload a patient on the pedestrian crossing in the middle of 'B' road because all the ambulance bays were clogged up with taxis and private cars.

And from what I hear this happens daily and everyone just turns a blind eye, including the hospital staff.

As does taxis parking in the ambulance bays.

When I was last at Hallamshire hospital there was a tailback of traffic that snaked all the way down Glossop road because an ambulance had to offload a patient on the pedestrian crossing in the middle of 'B' road because all the ambulance bays were clogged up with taxis and private cars.

And from what I hear this happens daily and everyone just turns a blind eye, including the hospital staff.

Medicars as well as ambulances had the same problem, couldn't drop patients off because the taxis were a law unto themselves. A/B road & the Minor Injury unit entrance all as bad.

It's about time B road was blocked for everyday traffic and used just as an ambulance route, the amount of ambulances that are on emergency calls that get stuck at the end of the road because of the traffic is getting ridiculous...