Sheffield Forum

Non-verbal communication

Home > General > General Discussions > I'm Bored!

Reply To Topic

04-10-2017, 12:32   #1
ohmyword

Total Posts: 1,214
Just a thread for you people to discuss some of your favourite forms of non-verbal communication. Personally I like these:

- the ‘cut throat’ gesture with gritted teeth.
- The ‘do one’ hand signal
- The self chest slap (to show pride etc)
- The ‘driving me insaaaaaaane’ move (like on Time Warp) to show someone is doo-lally or has completely lost the plot!
04-10-2017, 14:18   #2
dacrlit

Total Posts: 1,630
The have you got the time, pointing to the wrist and the do you want a brew, as well.
_______
dacrlit 1 Sheffield Wednesday FC 2
04-10-2017, 14:32   #3
ohmyword

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrlit View Post
The have you got the time, pointing to the wrist and the do you want a brew, as well.
Good ones here yes. When I ask my friend Stephen if he wants a 'brew' I do a 'T' sign with my hands as if to say "Do you want a cup of Taster's Choice?" (it's his fave coffee you see!)
04-10-2017, 14:50   #4
dacrlit

Total Posts: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmyword View Post
Good ones here yes. When I ask my friend Stephen if he wants a 'brew' I do a 'T' sign with my hands as if to say "Do you want a cup of Taster's Choice?" (it's his fave coffee you see!)
Taster's Choice? Never heard of that.
_______
dacrlit 1 Sheffield Wednesday FC 2
04-10-2017, 15:16   #5
Padders

Total Posts: 6,152
I drive a little pretty mg3. its red and I polish it regulary, you could say its quite an attractive car.. occasionally I drive to Manchester airport via the woodhead pass, and I hate it.
I plod along at 30mph ish, and everytime I make the journey some lorry driver will flash his lights at me, presumably saying hi there! he will then thrust his pantechnicon up my back end, very uncomfortable I might add..
he"s obviously after my attention, but I ignore him.
then he gets the horn, now I'm seriously worried, I know he just wants to be friends but . so I now slow down and let him pass, as he passes me he gives me a sign with his middle finger (don't know what that means, is it a sign of affection) he then puts his right hand out of the cab window and moves it vertically up and down, I just take it as a thank you. I have come (not physically) to the conclusion there is a lot of gay lorry drivers about, just wanting to unload quickly....
04-10-2017, 16:56   #6
ohmyword

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrlit View Post
Taster's Choice? Never heard of that.
It's a pretty shoddy Necafé one but Stevie boy seems to like it. He's a weirdo tbh.

---------- Post added 04-10-2017 at 17:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padders View Post
I drive a little pretty mg3. its red and I polish it regulary, you could say its quite an attractive car.. occasionally I drive to Manchester airport via the woodhead pass, and I hate it.
I plod along at 30mph ish, and everytime I make the journey some lorry driver will flash his lights at me, presumably saying hi there! he will then thrust his pantechnicon up my back end, very uncomfortable I might add..
he"s obviously after my attention, but I ignore him.
then he gets the horn, now I'm seriously worried, I know he just wants to be friends but . so I now slow down and let him pass, as he passes me he gives me a sign with his middle finger (don't know what that means, is it a sign of affection) he then puts his right hand out of the cab window and moves it vertically up and down, I just take it as a thank you. I have come (not physically) to the conclusion there is a lot of gay lorry drivers about, just wanting to unload quickly....
I think there's a special Woodhead drivers club. Only just getting started. It's a bit of a cottage industry I think. People do those sorts of gestures to me wherever I go actually: work, shops, and even some vicar dude at a wedding I recently went to. I think he liked it when I asked him about some of the mad stuff I'd read in Leviticus and Revelations. Yes, there are some very expressive people out there. Actually, during his mad religious rant part of the wedding I did the OTT yawn gesture at him.
04-10-2017, 19:19   #7
Padders

Total Posts: 6,152
If I was a naughty boy, my late missus"s glare. if looks could kill is an under statement.
04-10-2017, 21:00   #8
ohmyword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padders View Post
If I was a naughty boy, my late missus"s glare. if looks could kill is an under statement.
That's a good one Patrick. The glare. Yes. I remember glaring at an old woman what tried to knick the last seat on the bus once. Needless to say I got the seat lol!
Reply To Topic