How bad was the Championship last year?

After being told that last years Championship was the hardest ever by certain quarters, I can't help but think that it was actually poor (something I have pointed out previously).

Take away Newcastle, as they clearly had a fantastic team for the Championship. But a team did a double over them.

Brighton finished second after not really making any signings from the season previous.

Huddersfield went up with a team that wasn't great, but went for games. But the season before had finished 19th.

The other play off spots.

Fulham had previously finished 20th and claimed a play off spot and currently sit 11th.

Reading previously finished 17th and currently sit 18th.

The othe rplay off team currently sit in 14th.

Now the newly promoted Blades sit currently in second (they will finish much lower though) after 10 games.

Also, another newly promoted team in Millwall also sit in the top half.

I have no doubt that the Owls will improve.

Also at this stage, 3 wins in a row will shoot you right up the table (well not the Blades ;) ).

But to me, I think the Championship just appears stronger because there are more Sky games, and people are used to watching the better players more often.

Also with the money now flying around, it probably gives a false impression that you're buying higher quality.

Players like Britt Assombalonga, Rhodes, Mccormack, Neves etc going for crazy money. Yes they are good players, but the prices spent on them are mental.

How do you define stronger/weaker its impossible, Newcastle always looked destined for automatic promotion so that leaves one other place. Is the league stronger because two or three teams are running away with it or stronger because everyone can beat everyone else?

Totally impossible to define - a good effort at a dig though, I applaud you.

How do you define stronger/weaker its impossible, Newcastle always looked destined for automatic promotion so that leaves one other place. Is the league stronger because two or three teams are running away with it or stronger because everyone can beat everyone else?

Stronger as in better players.

If we are to believe that there is so many good players here, surely a league one team that is newly promoted shouldn't be doing so well ( at the moment).

After all, we were told just how poor league one was also.

Stronger as in better players.

If we are to believe that there is so many good players here, surely a league one team that is newly promoted shouldn't be doing so well ( at the moment).

After all, we were told just how poor league one was also.

Like I mentioned on another thread, things in football can change very quickly, your having the good times at the moment but December could give a totally different outlook Kevin McCabe was a bit of a hate figure for lots of fans but now he's dropped lucky with Wilder after five or six failed appointments he's suddenly the bees knees.

I've followed football long enough to not get too excited by the ups or too despondent by the downs, neither last.

Like I mentioned on another thread, things in football can change very quickly, your having the good times at the moment but December could give a totally different outlook Kevin McCabe was a bit of a hate figure for lots of fans but now he's dropped lucky with Wilder after five or six failed appointments he's suddenly the bees knees.

I've followed football long enough to not get too excited by the ups or too despondent by the downs, neither last.

Well us Blades were told in no uncertain terms that this league was to hard for us and we would struggle to get out of the bottom three.One owls supporter said we would not even match Rotherham as far as points are concerned.Also we had to spend mega money to survive or at best to compete with all the so called rich mega clubs .Well what I have learned in the last few weeks including last night is all these multi million pound players are not worth a toss.They are to busy looking in the mirror telling them selves how wonderful they are.One player last night was bought for 15 million quid and he was useless .A lad who still has acne run rings around him making him look foolish to such a degree he was taken off .More money less bottle.

Well us Blades were told in no uncertain terms that this league was to hard for us and we would struggle to get out of the bottom three.One owls supporter said we would not even match Rotherham as far as points are concerned.Also we had to spend mega money to survive or at best to compete with all the so called rich mega clubs .Well what I have learned in the last few weeks including last night is all these multi million pound players are not worth a toss.They are to busy looking in the mirror telling them selves how wonderful they are.One player last night was bought for 15 million quid and he was useless .A lad who still has acne run rings around him making him look foolish to such a degree he was taken off .More money less bottle.

Spending money sometimes works, doing things on a shoe string sometimes works, there's no magic formula in football.

After being told that last years Championship was the hardest ever by certain quarters, I can't help but think that it was actually poor (something I have pointed out previously).

Take away Newcastle, as they clearly had a fantastic team for the Championship. But a team did a double over them.

Brighton finished second after not really making any signings from the season previous.

Huddersfield went up with a team that wasn't great, but went for games. But the season before had finished 19th.

The other play off spots.

Fulham had previously finished 20th and claimed a play off spot and currently sit 11th.

Reading previously finished 17th and currently sit 18th.

The othe rplay off team currently sit in 14th.

Now the newly promoted Blades sit currently in second (they will finish much lower though) after 10 games.

Also, another newly promoted team in Millwall also sit in the top half.

I have no doubt that the Owls will improve.

Also at this stage, 3 wins in a row will shoot you right up the table (well not the Blades ;) ).

But to me, I think the Championship just appears stronger because there are more Sky games, and people are used to watching the better players more often.

Also with the money now flying around, it probably gives a false impression that you're buying higher quality.

Players like Britt Assombalonga, Rhodes, Mccormack, Neves etc going for crazy money. Yes they are good players, but the prices spent on them are mental.

Ask Bolton if its weak.

Spending money sometimes works, doing things on a shoe string sometimes works, there's no magic formula in football.

There is it is the same anywhere .Make sure your work force turns up for work no matter how much or little you are paying them.

Ask Bolton if its weak.

They really have struggled so far, especially with scoring.

Same with Sunderland, who are another who have spent a fair chunk of money and a big wage bill.

This is my point, big wages and high transfer fees does not mean a division is strong.

I don't feel this year or last are particularly stronger than any other year.

Perhaps it is teams beginning with B who will struggle this year, with 5 in the bottom 6. Which is a worry for the Blades

Is it May already?

Do 10 games normally take you through to May?