Best coffee and cake, Saturday afternoon

I want to take some friends for coffee and cake on Saturday afternoon. Probably not city centre but can get anywhere in the city within reason. Any suggestions?

Some good options on Abbeydale Road. Jamesons if the cake is the priority, Forge Bakehouse if the coffee is the priority. Both get very busy at weekends.

Rhubarb shed cafe on Manor Lane, but suggest you book in advance

Guest makapaka
Rhubarb shed cafe on Manor Lane, but suggest you book in advance

The rhubarb shed is a great place.

The little cafe at Rivelin does lovely cakes, sandwiches and coffee. It's a bit basic - formica tables and spindly chairs - and it sometimes takes them quite a while to clear the tables from the previous users - but this is understandable when the staff are very busy and run off their feet - which they often are - especially when the weather is nice. The cakes, sarnies and coffee are really tasty and very reasonably priced, it's child-friendly... and the staff are really pleasant and helpful.

Rivelin is an ideal place to head for on a very hot day, because, as an added bonus, there's the paddling pools and a nice playground for the kids - and lots of nice, shady woodland/riverside walks around there ....if you feel like stretching your legs a bit.

I have been told by two different people the best they have had is at Cannon Hall Farm Ive seen a picture of their afternoon tea and it did look amazing

It's a bit late for OP but there is a new cafe by the train station (behind the Showroom) that has an amazing cake selection from Wiltons - Wagon1871.

It's a bit of a run out to Chatsworth but any advance on £45 a head for afternoon tea? Mind you, you could always slum it and save a tenner by not having the champers. http://wp.me/p5wFIX-S3

Blues - Grill Lounge Bar Broomhill sell an excellent range of cakes including rum cake, sweet potato cake, pineapple, coconut ...... also Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee. All reasonably priced. Why not try something different?

See menu on FB / webpage

0114 3279858

I've just been to Reserved in Stannington Park - I can definitely recommend for coffee and cake, the sandwiches looked good too!