Devonshire arms middle handley

Cracking pub now closed hopefully only temporarily I believe it could be changing hands anyone know owt.

Cracking pub now closed hopefully only temporarily I believe it could be changing hands anyone know owt.

Some years since I went in,great food and beers but wasn't cheap.Used to be told the owners wasn't too nice.

Yes she seemed to be ignorant a lot of people have said so she was not my favourite person but like I say nice pub and good country location.

I used to really like it although the last time I went in a few weeks ago it was empty and didn't seem the same, the food was ok but the service was poor. Its a great pub but the prices were OTT and need trimming if its to be successful.

I think you will find that chef Cary Brown, who previously cooked there, and is best known for Carriages on Abbeydale Road South (now Peppercorn), Slammers and, until recently, the Royal Oak at Millthorpe, is in the process of taking over.

The food was excellent at first but it went downhill after a while if he was the original chef then I for one will return.

According to a meeting I attended this evening, just closed for a new coat of paint

Well if you heard this at a meeting let's hope it's good news and it opens again soon.

I heard that Cary Brown was taking over the lease. Hope so it needs to get reopened asap!

I heard that Cary Brown was taking over the lease. Hope so it needs to get reopened asap!

Looks like it from his Twitter feed - https://twitter.com/carybrown66