Parking on Outskirts of London

A xxxxhole, or a xxxxhole because you lost?

I know if I went to a city where every bit of it is a xxxxhole, I'd not go another 19 times.

A xxxxhole, or a xxxxhole because you lost?

I know if I went to a city where every bit of it is a xxxxhole, I'd not go another 19 times.

definitely a xxxxhole. Many of the times i went could not be avoided as they had been arranged through work, but id still rather be up north because whilst sheffield is not perfect by any means, the people are a damn sight friendlier for a start

Cockfosters on the Piccadilly Line. It's easily accessible from the M25 (not far to the east from the junction with the M1) and has the best name ever. :thumbsup:

I am looking to do the same trip as everyone else. I'm just wondering as it has been some time since there was activity on this subject whether the same places apply? Or can anyone suggest other / new places. I am basically looking to park my card from Sunday through to Wednesday at the beginning of April. The main criteria is that it is safe, cheap, and easy access to London on a train / tube.

Many Thanks,

Can't help with Sunday to Wednesday, but I do know you can park in a lot of places for free on a Sunday.

I'm down this weekend, and this thread has reminded me that I've broken my SatNav trying to turn back the firmware to an older version. It's going to be fun finding my way around the city with an A to Z; just like the old days!

You could stay in St Albans and catch a train into London - very quick and cheap. Eating out in St Albans is good quality and reasonably priced and some good pubs in the middle of town - hotels tend to be cheaper as well.

Beckenham Junction has a MASSIVE Waitrose next to it that you used to be able to park in for free all weekend. There are also residential roads round there were it is easy to park.

15 mins on the train to Victoria or Charing Cross, trains about every 10 mins.

Beckenham Junction has a MASSIVE Waitrose next to it that you used to be able to park in for free all weekend. There are also residential roads round there were it is easy to park.

15 mins on the train to Victoria or Charing Cross, trains about every 10 mins.

Isn't that the other side of London to Sheffield?

Many thanks for your replies and suggestions. I am taking my mum, wife and two little kids so I am trying to balance price and journey distance into London once parked. I came across this web site where people rent out their drives http://www.parkatmyhouse.com/ . I have found a spot in oval for £6.50 a night (behind gates), and a 20 minute tube to my final destination. I was going to park at a tube but wasn't sure if there would be spots available once down there. This seems to be the best solution for me and thought that I would share the web site. Please note some of the shopping centre suggestions above are probably good for the day, but you are not suppose to park there 24 hours and you could be a risk of been clamped.

Best Wishes,

Saltstein