The Best Italian Restaurant in Sheffield?

Marco's at Woodseats,near the KFC.

The new Piccalilo (?) in the city centre.

Just don't go to Maria's on Crookes! I organised a meet there just over 2 years ago and it was horrendous! Well OK the actual food wasn't bad but the service was appalling, do a search on here and you'll find the thread I did about it.

If Maria's is the one I think you mean (opposite the FABLE charity shop), it's now a curry house.

We went to Papa Ciccio's (Crosspool) last night - fantastic meal. The decor is a bit plastic inside but you couldn't fault the food. Make sure you book - it was full at 7 p.m.!! Cheap too.

if food is the only criteria it has to be nonna's in my opinion. Went to Maranello's last month and was disappointed. They need to try harder all round. Piccolino's is worth a try for some unusual and tasty antipasti, but mains ain't cheap for what you get

kitos is the best! BB'sis nice too. or rossi's just off london road. Take 2 credit cards to Rossis though, just in case!

Setti Colli in Hillsborough must be the best italian in town. I know of people who have come up from London to eat there. The Halibut is just perfect, people have commented that the steak is just a dream. The pasta is fresh and beautifully cooked and the sauces are amazing in the flavour.

The service is excellent. Don't be put off that it is located in a garage forecourt. The food is amazing!

The pasta is fresh and beautifully cooked and the sauces are amazing in the flavour.

Hmm, not sure if that's true. Last time I went, the filled-pasta was definitely bought in... if not, they've found a way to exactly replicate the stuff you buy in Morrisons! It was in a great sauce though, and the evening was great anyway!

La Gondola on Carver Street, great food, intimate and excellent service, also very cheap.

Ive worked at Antibo's which is a excellent place to eat

Ive also worked at Zucca which again is excellent food (and cheaper than you may think) around £9-12 for a main.

Ive also eated at Piccalilo where the manager came from Zucca and Antibo's, and again a wonderful new resturant.. I had a great meal there....

hope this helps :)

We ate at Piccolino's in St Paul's Parade last night before going to the cinema. Great space, very modern decor and a fine view out onto the Peace Garden fountains and water-balls glinting in the sun. The food was very good and the service was fine. Two main courses, two desserts and a bottle of wine came to £50.