I Want To Buy A Stethoscope

Does anyone know where in Sheffield I can buy a stethoscope from.

You are presumably not 'medical', why do you need one ?

You are presumably not 'medical', why do you need one ?

I have two little lads and they are fascinated with things like that.

We got one of Amazon for a studio prop

We got one of Amazon for a studio prop

There seems to be a lot of range regarding the prices, some claim to be medical grade at £2:50 and others are nearer the hundred mark.

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 21:59 ----------

Try Paramount Medical on Glossop Road.

They appear to have permanently closed.

I'm a Dr. If all you want to do is hear heart sounds then a cheap one off Amazon will do. If you want something reasonable then anything from Littman's should do the trick.

I was in the (Vintage Emporium, The Nichols Building Shalesmoor, Sheffield S3 8UJ), a few days ago having a look around they had a coupe of old stethoscopes.

Cheap tat such as you might find kicking around a ward, where it's more use to put your ear against the patient's chest:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EX8TT16/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_b6rP5TD_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=0ZBSK8W72X6VEQXTY6QY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=0051c25e-2c1a-591e-82ab-f503cf9b6a71&pf_rd_i=6285922031

Something worth having:

https://www.medisave.co.uk/diagnostics-equipment/littmann-stethoscopes/classic-ii-se-stethoscope.html

They've come down in price! I think this is where I got mine from, and they engrave your name free :)

If you want new put in Surgical Instrument Makers Sheffield it give's six companys

in Sheffield.

There seems to be a lot of range regarding the prices, some claim to be medical grade at £2:50 and others are nearer the hundred mark.

Alot of the ones medics use are disposable, the cheaper ones will work fine, especially if your kids just wanna muck around with em.

buy them a toy one then.

First time I used a stethoscope, a real one, it was quite a surprising and slightly disturbing experience, to hear all these strange noises associated with emptying and filling of the heart.

I'm not sure I'd want any young children of mine to be doing that tbh. They probably just want to "pretend" and that's fine.