Cheapest place to get a mattress?

drive around the lanes, and rescue a dumped one if you want cheap.

Which IKEA mattress did you get? There's a few to select from, I like a firm mattress.

It's called a Hafslo - £80, and you can pick them up in store. I am the same as you - I need firm, and this is absolutely great.

It's absolutely standard size too. Just a basic double.

Much easier now we've got an Ikea! :D

It's called a Hafslo - £80, and you can pick them up in store. I am the same as you - I need firm, and this is absolutely great.

It's absolutely standard size too. Just a basic double.

Much easier now we've got an Ikea! :D

I assumed it was that one, 80 quid is cheap! I was daft should've tried them whilst I was there, actually remember looking at the samples which showed the interior of the mattress but not paying enough attention.

I assumed it was that one, 80 quid is cheap! I was daft should've tried them whilst I was there, actually remember looking at the samples which showed the interior of the mattress but not paying enough attention.

We had our previous one for ages (about 8 years, not an Ikea one) and it was dying, so looked around trying to find a new one. Everything we saw was £200/£300 for a nice double, and I'd always been under the impression Ikea was expensive for mattresses - no idea why! We had a look in Nottingham just by chance, found this one, and when we tried it out in store it was really good, so we took the chance and haven't regretted it at all.

Plus, at £80, even if it lasts 5 years instead of say 8, I don't mind replacing it!

I bought the HOVAG pocket sprung double mattress from the Ikea store at Leeds last year and it has been brilliant, very comfortable. Cost me £180 but well worth it. Came rolled up for easy transportation.

There's plenty knocking around at the Ski Village :hihi:

Ours is the Hovag one too. Best mattress we have ever had:)

ive just bought ione from IKEA which was less than £100 and very comfy. gets great reviewes off which too

There are plenty to be found for free dumped on Staniforth Road and around Darnall :hihi:

We got a memory foam one from Ikea several months ago and it was cheap, easy to get home and it's been comfortable.

We'll probably go for something more expensive in the long term but for a cheap solution to replace our knackered old spring mattress it's been brilliant.

We got the standard size single hamarvik from Ikea for £100, it's really good. Very firm, and cool to sleep on. Came rolled up and it was very easy to get home. You have to leave them 72 hrs to reform once unpacked though.