Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Talking of Aldi there is a beggar who sits at the side of the shopping trolleys outside Aldi just off Infirmary Rd. when you take your trolley back to get your £1 back he hopes you will give it to him.! :roll:

Now that’s initiative :)

I meant you should use the Aldi on the ring road near Waitrose, ‘cos I’m cheap

Talking of Aldi there is a beggar who sits at the side of the shopping trolleys outside Aldi just off Infirmary Rd. when you take your trolley back to get your £1 back he hopes you will give it to him.! :roll:

Hes actually just as grateful for food. I also once heard a lady ask him if there was anything he particularly wanted and he asked if she'd get him some baby wipes so he could clean himself up a bit.

Hes actually just as grateful for food. I also once heard a lady ask him if there was anything he particularly wanted and he asked if she'd get him some baby wipes so he could clean himself up a bit.

I haven’t seen him for the last few weeks.

I've actually seen one following a lady to her car :(

I've been followed to my car more than once at Waitrose. They seem to home in when you're on your way out of the store rather than heading in. I've wondered if it's so you're less likely to go straight to Customer Services and complain.

It’s a wonder Waitrose don’t do anything about it.:huh:

Has anyone actually complained to the store manager? A while ago there was a small spate of begging on Infirmary Tesco car park, but go in and speak to Customer Service and before you could say 'every little helps' security would be out there seeing them off the premises.

A quick **** OFF usually does it for me!

Thats awful but not exactly surprising. I live just off West Street so I could tell you some right horror stories! Although thats just not on, I know from shared experiences between me and my other half you are more likely to be targeted and treated more aggressively if your a lone woman than loan bloke. I dont really mind begging to be honest, particularly if its genuine (which a lot of it isn't), its when it becomes extortion and threats that I have an issue with. Unfortunately though thats increasingly what its become in the centre.

I have a suspicion they target lone women as well which is another reason I wish people would stop doling out cash on the street and give to charity if they want to help.

I have a suspicion they target lone women as well which is another reason I wish people would stop doling out cash on the street and give to charity if they want to help.

This is pretty much the point I'm trying to make: theres a lot of people on here who are very quick to judge people who want to tackle the begging problem in the area as heartless <removed> but the point is most of them aren't and make a lot from intimidation and harassment. And while (up to a point) I do sympathise with their argument that they need help, on the flip side it wasn't through my choices that made them that way, its not my responsibility to sort their problems and I certainly don't deserve someone screaming that I'm a <removed> in my face because I didn't hand over.

Like you I wish the people would give charity if they really want to help these people, but then again I guess less people see them being a "good" person that way ;)

This is pretty much the point I'm trying to make: theres a lot of people on here who are very quick to judge people who want to tackle the begging problem in the area as heartless <removed> but the point is most of them aren't and make a lot from intimidation and harassment. And while (up to a point) I do sympathise with their argument that they need help, on the flip side it wasn't through my choices that made them that way, its not my responsibility to sort their problems and I certainly don't deserve someone screaming that I'm a <removed> in my face because I didn't hand over.

Like you I wish the people would give charity if they really want to help these people, but then again I guess less people see them being a "good" person that way ;)

If we dont give them money then thel'll shoplift then hopefully get sent to prison and then they can ask for help.

If that isnt enough incentive then we as a society cant help them.

I hope you never find yourself on the streets...it's always closer than you think.

---------- Post added 17-10-2017 at 14:13 ----------

The black - Afro Caribb? guy with grey hair who attempts the friendly handshake.....he's back. seen on 76 bus and tram. His folly is that he doesn't realise that people have memories.

---------- Post added 17-10-2017 at 17:09 ----------

If we dont give them money then thel'll shoplift then hopefully get sent to prison and then they can ask for help.

If that isnt enough incentive then we as a society cant help them.

Do you not read the news? Prisons are full of serious offfenders; don't think shoplifters are facing porridge these days!!

Sheffield City Center has gone down hill.

Found it full of beggars and unsavoury characters moaping about.

Shop online or Meadowhall

why would anybody tell you to **** OFF :huh: