Heeley Green, picture house.

Yeah, went Anns Road too, Miss Haird was the Head and she and her sister Little Miss Haird ran it, when I was there. Still got the scar from a wild cricket bat swing in the schoolyard.

We lived in Carter Place, and in Toronto now.

Has any pair of sisters been so unlike each other? Miss Head Snr would be about 5f 10 whilst 'Little Miss Head' would a stumpy little thing barely five foot tall

Wow that sounds so like it was yesterday, lol, strange how certain things stay with us, we moved on to the Hackenthorpe when i was about 6, my sister was about 11, then we moved to the Gleadless Valley and I was there till i moved to Miami USA, but mum was there till she passed in 2007, and i would go back every year to visit, with my kids. I remember pulling up the tin tub, on Friday nights for bath night by the fire in the living room, mum would boil water on the stove, and dad always had the first bath,lol. Toilet was up the path outside when i tell my kids the storys they just cant picture that lol a toilet outside never heard of such a thing lol but memories i will never forget, my dads family the Warburtons had lots of relatives all in the area, but, he passed away in his early years only 36 in an accident at work (Firth Vickers) he was electricuted on the job. So mum raised us alone but never did we have a bad day. Yes those were the days for sure.

I lived at the top of Kent Hil up until 1958, and we also did the Tin Bath thing on a Friday night. Also father first. W/C at the bottom of the garden, know it well, your Bum used to stick to the icy seat in winter.

When we had money, I went to the Heeley green picture palace matinees.

I moved to Zambia, then Rhodesia,then to South Africa where I still live.