Does anyone remember Blaskeys

I remember most of those names,who was your family member who worked there?

It was Win Dolby

Sorry but don't remember that name,doe's she remember jack vickers or anne randall?

I'm afraid she passed away earlier this year so we'll never know the answer.

A couple of other names I remember she spoke of: David Yellat and Dennis Hobson. She also spoke of another man who worked in the shop. I can't remember his name but he lived in Grindleford, also there was a delivery driver by the name of Paul who later became a salesman.

I'm sorry to here that and also that i don't remember the name because with all the names you mentioned we must have been there at the same time.The people you mentioned are harry bennett from grindleford and paul searle who was a van driver then salesman.

I'm sorry to here that and also that i don't remember the name because with all the names you mentioned we must have been there at the same time.The people you mentioned are harry bennett from grindleford and paul searle who was a van driver then salesman.

Doesn't help that I'm quoting names that Win knew but I didn't have much personal knowledge of! Some of them I can put faces to but by no means all.

I think the Elaine I mentioned earlier was Elaine Grey and her mum, Janet, worked there too. I saw Elaine on Fargate a few weeks ago.

How did you recognise elaine,and how do you know so much about ex gees employees,unless of course it was you who worked there.

Edited by jackanne
spelling

How did you recognise elaine,and how do you so much about ex gees employees,unless of course it was you who worked there.

We lived near Elaine in the 60's/70's and when I took Win shopping to Crystal Peaks we often saw her there. When Win died, family members went through all of her photographs and attempted to put names and dates on them including those from Gee's. I could remember many because I often came into Gee's when I was doing up my first house so it's all just a combination of those things. I'm thinking that there must be a photograph of you amongst Win's collection.

Can you remember a Christine Smith at Gee's? Win has a photo taken at the wedding of a Christine Smith and the only other clue is that Elaine is on it too.

Edited by Person6