Murder at Rivelin valley

Without sounding too insensitve, does anyone know what date this event occurred, please. I lived up the road at the time, and due to having a traumatic few years myself, I cannot recall when I lived there. The GP needs the dates I was at the local surgery there to check up on the accuracy of my medical records.

---------- Post added 19-10-2013 at 13:53 ----------

This was one of the few things I remember about living up there at the time, as I shared a house with a man who worked for the coroner at the time.

Without sounding too insensitve, does anyone know what date this event occurred, please. I lived up the road at the time, and due to having a traumatic few years myself, I cannot recall when I lived there. The GP needs the dates I was at the local surgery there to check up on the accuracy of my medical records.

---------- Post added 19-10-2013 at 13:53 ----------

This was one of the few things I remember about living up there at the time, as I shared a house with a man who worked for the coroner at the time.

This was November 1991 it happened

I remember Andrew , I used to live next to him, I moved away and not long after saw the article in the paper about him being killed, so sad.

I remember Andrew , I used to live next to him, I moved away and not long after saw the article in the paper about him being killed, so sad.

I was in same class as him at myers grove.

I was in same class as him at myers grove.

I was always it his house , still hurts and miss him x

brian1941 ...

... Your post made me laugh too, but not as much as when I first heard the joke some 20 years ago!!!

I know which murder that you are all talking about. But, when I was a child there was a story that used to frighten all us kids, that there had been a man murdered who was an organ player, he was mutilated, i wondered if it had any truth in it or just one of those stories that start as a rumour and get bigger. It would have been 60s.

heres what happened......there was 5 lads who had a den in the allotments on the night in question 2 of the pals were grounded for playing truant.this left 3 lads to go visit the den 2 were already there when the 3rd arrived and walked in on the other 2 performing some sort of sex act on eachother.he then apparently said he was going to blackmail them both.obviously rather than the whole school find out they chose to kill the younglad from what i was told he struck him first with a lump hammer then later coming back and striking his body with a garden folk.the 2nd kid who i agree did have a few mental problems was only charged with perverting the corse of justice and was given 2-3 yrs in young offenders home

just thought you would all prefer the correct version

p.s i was one of the 2 kids who get grounded and thankfully was kept at home by my parents

Edited by TaLLPauL2009
update

still think of you wildey i wish some of us could have wagged school with you

after dinner time. it might not have happened but i need to stop thinking that its been 28 years now.