The rhino whip affair.

I was once having a quite Sunday Lunch drink in The Nags Head Pub on Shalesmoor when i got into a conversation with a bloke who told me he was the man who Sheffield police plain clothes section had beat up with a rhino whip .

Apparently the incident made national headlines any one remember the outcome.

Most probably the same as most enquiries...a massive hush up.

I do remember a huge furore that made national headlines but i cant remember the outcome i'm afraid.

Have a look at this thread Cuttsie.

Cheers Jim it did not come up when i started this thread maybe it will merge ,although people on that one seem to have got the Rhino job mixed up with the Sheffield gang wars.

Most probably the same as most enquiries...a massive hush up.

I do remember a huge furore that made national headlines but i cant remember the outcome i'm afraid.

The outcome is the main interest.

The outcome is the main interest.

Of the five men concerned in the crime squad on the night of March 14 the appellants were dismissed and ex-Detective-inspector Rowley, Sergeant Hird, and Detective-constable Rowlands were all subsequently reprimanded by the Chief Constable on a rather limited charge.

The Chief Constable had consulted the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Sergeant Hird was put into uniform, which meant some pecuniary loss, and Rowley and Rowlands resigned.

Err didnt the chief constable resign or was forced to resign

I was once having a quite Sunday Lunch drink in The Nags Head Pub on Shalesmoor when i got into a conversation with a bloke who told me he was the man who Sheffield police plain clothes section had beat up with a rhino whip .

Apparently the incident made national headlines any one remember the outcome.

When i saw the thread title i thought..... well ill not go into what i thought but lets just say im leaving it bitterly disapointed!!!

The Rhino Whip Affair

When i read the thread title i was thinking this thread was about a local politican caught with his pants down in a seedy club.:hihi:

The Rhino Whip Affair

When i read the thread title i was thinking this thread was about a local politican caught in a caught with his pants down in a seedy club.:hihi:

Its usualy a two minute limit for awitty comeback (not that i eer need that long :D )

Not for a slight rewording of a previously hillarious comment!!!

Its usualy a two minute limit for awitty comeback (not that i eer need that long :D )

Not for a slight rewording of a previously hillarious comment!!!

Great ( or dirty) minds think alike :hihi:.

I think we were posting the same thoughts at the same time.:D