Superfast broadband Oughtibridge Sheffield

Hi has anyone heard anything about superfast broadband in Oughtibridge

I have searched all over the web and only thing I can find is something that said were at phase 1?

Anyone any ideas to when we will come in the real world

:rant:

Edited by pearlt072

Thanks you for that says 4 months but I wont hold my breath lol lol

i have looked in in to them but at £35 a month for less speed than the normal superfast

They mainly target areas that can't get BT superfast broadband.

I currently pay BT £40.99 for unlimited broadband, line rental and unlimited calls. I don't have a landline telephone, and tonight's speed test is DL 1.54mb UL 0.45mb.

For £45 I could go with Pinemedia and get 50mb gauranteed DL and UL speed, no line rental required.

Just looking into it, I read about them a few months ago.

Edited by beansforyou
Edit

Not very helpful. My address shows "will be with you in five months". Apparently the same message has shown for two years. Have contacted Open Reach and they tell me they can't give a date, it's an on-going project! But to keep checking their website!! So I do......and it'll be with me in five months!:loopy:

Unfortunately on my street near Sheffield lane top, i can only get 0.6mb broadband with bt line. I have no choice and have to go with virgin which provides a real broadband service.

The BT guy told me i was so far from the exchange that i was getting the tiniest remnants of broadband. So much for living in a major city. It's worse than what my father in law gets out in the sticks in North Wales.

They mainly target areas that can't get BT superfast broadband.

I currently pay BT £40.99 for unlimited broadband, line rental and unlimited calls. I don't have a landline telephone, and tonight's speed test is DL 1.54mb UL 0.45mb.

For £45 I could go with Pinemedia and get 50mb gauranteed DL and UL speed, no line rental required.

Just looking into it, I read about them a few months ago.

We can't get fibre at our house so we've just gone with Pine.

Very hit and miss service. We're not getting the 80mb speed we asked for yet (only up to 20mb), but then nor are they charging us full price. We had to be connected to a brand new mast as we couldn't get line of sight with the existing one (somewhere up top of jawbone I think) which hasn't helped matters. When we first contacted them they said it's be no problem to get service, but just because your postcode says you can get it, that's not necessarily the case.

Generally they're very uncommunicative and have had to be chased constantly to get things moving.

The contractor they used for the dish install however was first rate.

So overall, mixed feelings about them but for us there's no alternative. If you're thinking about it, personally I wouldn't cancel your existing services until you've managed to get the service you want from Pine!

Why are you paying extra for unlimited calls with BT when you dont have a landline phone? Cut that bit out and you will save.

Hi has anyone heard anything about superfast broadband in Oughtibridge

I have searched all over the web and only thing I can find is something that said were at phase 1?

Anyone any ideas to when we will come in the real world

:rant:

There'll be a lot of redundant carrier pigeons when it arrives.