Kellys directories of Sheffield

Does anyone know how early Kelly Directories started in Sheffield? I'm trying to find out who lived at Number 14 Marion Road, Hillsborough around 1911? If the wives name is given as Florence, it may have been the home of my Uncle Walter.

Central library have got most years available , not sure though from how early .

Does anyone know how early Kelly Directories started in Sheffield? I'm trying to find out who lived at Number 14 Marion Road, Hillsborough around 1911? If the wives name is given as Florence, it may have been the home of my Uncle Walter.

I haven’t got a Kelly's for that year but according to Whites Directory 1911 --------

Marion Road - 14 Morton William. shear bender.

A surname would help.

1905 White's - Marion Road.

14 Halliwell William Arthur, (j) brick maker

16 Wright Walter, W. carter

Edited by Boginspro

On the 1911 census for 14 Marion Road, there is William and Elizabeth Morton

and their children. No Florence.

What surname are you looking for?

Yes, Morton. But now I wonder if Walter was married before he married Florence who lived with him on Manchester Road at Crosspool until his death in the 1960s and hers in the 1990s!! But then Walters mother(and my fathers) was called Emma Elizabeth!!! Wonder if she'd left their father Arthur who lived at 58 Ellerton Road??? She died in 1914.

Still on the Morton family trail Moira!!!! Thanks!!

---------- Post added 07-12-2017 at 17:15 ----------

Just thought, I believed that Walter didn't have children, certainly to Florence!! Interesting?

Walter Morton, 23, steel worker of 14 Marion Road, father -William Morton, steel worker.

Sarah Ann Muscroft, 22, of 35 Platt Street, father - Frederick Muscroft, furnace man.

This marriage took place 25 December 1912, St. Michael and All Angels, Neepsend.

Walter Morton married Florence E. Field, September quarter 1935.

...I wonder if Walter was married before he married Florence who lived with him on Manchester Road at Crosspool until his death in the 1960s and hers in the 1990s!! ...
The "1939 Register" has a Walter and Florence E. Morton (also Florence's older sister Ann) living at 513 Manchester Road - see here. Walter evidently died aged 74 in Oct.-Dec. 1964 and Florence Edith aged 81 in Oct.-Dec. 1990.

Burials are on Sheffield Indexers.

hola amigos hoy os invito a que veas como se puede tener sin que tengas problemas.

The Walter Morton on the 1939 register at 513 Manchester Road is the son of

Arthur and Emma Elizabeth Morton. The register gives his date of birth as

26 September 1890.

Walter Morton, born 26 Sep 1890, bap 15 Oct 1890 at Attercliffe.

Parents - Arthur and Emma Elizabeth of Gerald Street, moulder.