Football and Sky

Has Football got a death wish?It as been revealed that from the beginning of the 2019 to 2020 season you will be able to watch your team live through your sky box.So on a cold winters night in mid week instead of getting your coat on and getting rapped up you can sit in your armchair at home put your 42 quid back in your pocket and watch your team on the box.Now that nice Mr Murdock says he is against streaming of live football but he has made a deal with the clubs to stream their matches through their own web sites.What with 200 million pound players and mediocre players earning 200 thousand a week Sky TELE 42 POUND AND MORE TICKET CHARGES I think they have a death wish.

Has Football got a death wish?It as been revealed that from the beginning of the 2019 to 2020 season you will be able to watch your team live through your sky box.So on a cold winters night in mid week instead of getting your coat on and getting rapped up you can sit in your armchair at home put your 42 quid back in your pocket and watch your team on the box.Now that nice Mr Murdock says he is against streaming of live football but he has made a deal with the clubs to stream their matches through their own web sites.What with 200 million pound players and mediocre players earning 200 thousand a week Sky TELE 42 POUND AND MORE TICKET CHARGES I think they have a death wish.

When have Sky ever been bothered about the fans?

I've always thought that ALL the football matches being on telly was inevitable. Lots of fatsos don't want to go more than an arms length from their fridge.

And I'll tell you summat else, in time, even telly games will be out the reach of most peoples' pockets.

I'll tell you summat else an'all. At every throw in, every corner, every injury, every ticking off from the ref, and every substitution, there'll be an advert.

Well, you can have it!

Loads of Brits want to be like the Americans.

Well now you can be!!

I've always thought that ALL the football matches being on telly was inevitable. Lots of fatsos don't want to go more than an arms length from their fridge.

And I'll tell you summat else, in time, even telly games will be out the reach of most peoples' pockets.

I'll tell you summat else an'all. At every throw in, every corner, every injury, every ticking off from the ref, and every substitution, there'll be an advert.

Well, you can have it!

Loads of Brits want to be like the Americans.

Well now you can be!!

God forbid.

Do you have a link to this please? Would be interesting to read.

Cheers

I can see football going the same way as that other great British institution the british pub.Greedy Breweries charging tenants sky high rents and unaffordable beer killed them off.The greed of Murdock who wants to control everything he touches and the greed of club owners will in time have the same effects on our game.

---------- Post added 12-09-2017 at 16:25 ----------

Do you have a link to this please? Would be interesting to read.

Cheers

Hi Andy yes the Sheffield Star has an article on it in today's edition.

Hi Andy yes the Sheffield Star has an article on it in today's edition.

Nice one thank you! Will go scan. Not sure what to think of it all in honesty.

As Top says, when have Sky ever been bothered about the fans all they want to do is make more and more money. There is way too much money in the game which is proved by the silly wages and extortionate transfer fees.

As Top says, when have Sky ever been bothered about the fans all they want to do is make more and more money. There is way too much money in the game which is proved by the silly wages and extortionate transfer fees.

When have clubs ever been bothered about the fans?

Problems with cash flow - fleece the punters.

Need a stadium painting - fleece the punters.

Need to raise money for something else - fleece the punters to buy bricks.

Football clubs have a higher income than ever before and the only ones benefitting are the players and management.

I pay for Sky sports to watch other teams not my own,can't see that changing.

So instead of smaller teams playing in front of 3000 fans it could well be 1500 fans and then when the clubs all fold those who are watching their Sky Sports will be watching a blank screen.Because all the extra money will be going to Chelsea and Manchester.