Memorial tree decision - Town Hall 13/12/17

Tell you what. All those who are defending the council and Amey, show us the contract. After all most of the money has come from Council Tax payers so surely we are entitled to see the terms of the 20+ year contract our stupid council have signed up to?

No?

Commercially sensitive? Really....a 25 year contract, with our money and we're not allowed to see it.

I'd suggest brown envelopes and bungs have been passed over, and if Dore and Co have a problem with that........SHOW US THE EFFIN CONTRACT!!!

Brilliant! Probably best comment ever.

Edited by kaytie

Tell you what. All those who are defending the council and Amey, show us the contract. After all most of the money has come from Council Tax payers so surely we are entitled to see the terms of the 20+ year contract our stupid council have signed up to?

No?

Commercially sensitive? Really....a 25 year contract, with our money and we're not allowed to see it.

I'd suggest brown envelopes and bungs have been passed over, and if Dore and Co have a problem with that........SHOW US THE EFFIN CONTRACT!!!

What a load of rubbish.

Far from it, it's spot on.

They're using MY money (and the money of every other Sheffield person who pays for the council) and the contract is SECRET?!?

I'm not happy having my money used to do stuff that I disagree with, and, not being allowed to look at the contract.

Presume that people parking massive 4x4s and vans up on on the pavement is also a disgrace? That goes on across the entire city and makes it impossible for wheelchair uses to go down pavements.

Be nice to have a sterile city free of wildlife I think. Less trees the better- they only get in the way. We don't need the oxygen they produce do we?

Number of complaints received across the city from the disabled in regards to trees causing an obstruction? Zero. Was revealed in an FOI request. Didn't stop them claiming the number of complaints was a big reason for chopping them all down though.

'Amey knockers'! Haha! Yep, you got it. A load of people just knocking a good honest multi-national company trying to get on with solid work for the good of everyone, and doing their best. They're just trying to earn an honest crust and put food on the table, and all people do is 'knock' for it.

No more I tell you! People are just trying to run down a lovely bunch!

Haha- come off it! What's next? 'Leave those rainforest loggers alone, they're only trying to make a living, and all people do is criticize them for it?'

I'd love to be so naive as to think people are 'knocking' Amey for no reason....

Cars on the pavement are a police issue if causing an obstruction and steps can be taken to stop that any chance of answering my questions ? Rather than ranting

Guest makapaka
Far from it, it's spot on.

They're using MY money (and the money of every other Sheffield person who pays for the council) and the contract is SECRET?!?

I'm not happy having my money used to do stuff that I disagree with, and, not being allowed to look at the contract.

Don’t be daft - you can’t cherry pick.

Put yourself forward as a councillor if you want to be involved in council decision making.

“My money” - the council rates you pay are barely enough to get your bins taken out and someone to put a fire out of youre unlucky enough to have one. That’s why the council outsources these things in the first place.

What exactly are you going to do with a 25 year Pfi contract anyway - are you qualified to review it?

Don’t be daft - you can’t cherry pick.

Put yourself forward as a councillor if you want to be involved in council decision making.

“My money” - the council rates you pay are barely enough to get your bins taken out and someone to put a fire out of youre unlucky enough to have one. That’s why the council outsources these things in the first place.

What exactly are you going to do with a 25 year Pfi contract anyway - are you qualified to review it?

Ey up , the great defender is here :)

Guest makapaka
Ey up , the great defender is here :)

Defender of what?

Amey?

I don’t think so.

Tell you what. All those who are defending the council and Amey, show us the contract. After all most of the money has come from Council Tax payers...

About 50% the money for the PFI is from the DfT, with the rest from SCC...

...but only around 25% of council income is from Council Tax...

...so you're wrong there.