Superfast broadband Oughtibridge Sheffield

I looked online last week and it said you could order fibre on BT.com and with other providers in the BT a Group such as plusnet and EE... for some reason providers like Sky and TalkTalk didn’t appear to show availability last week, although access should be the same for all providers of course.

Maybe not applicable for most of you here but a word of warning about 'fibre' broadband (eg. BT Infinity) based on my own experience.

We recently switched over to fibre and I instantly started to suffer from terrible headaches and feelings of nausea when using wi-fi. Seems I'm one of the minority who suffer from EHS (electromagnetic hyper-sensitivity). BT tried to help me by replacing the Smart Hub (the modem thingy with the lights) with the Hub 5 but that didn't help. Eventually I'd had enough and we switched back to low speed copper-based broadband and I'm a happy bunny again. As I said earlier, most of you (my wife included) will be untroubled but it's worth bearing in mind that there might be a price to pay for all that speed increase.

Bt openreach have surveyed quite alot of sites for the fibre cabinets in outibridge over the last couple of months.if all goes to plan the cabinets will provide fibre within 4 months. It can be delayed for things such as blocked ducts so they need to excavate in the carriageway, but then it becomes a cost exercise to decide if it's financially viable.

It was showing in my area as available within a few months but shown this message for almost 2 years. By openreach don't have a clue and won't give you a date other than it will be updated on the system. It's a case of wait and see I'm afraid. I'm now on 76mb download and 20mb upload for 25quid a month

My Sky Fibre goes live on 4 Jan - in Oughtibridge. The only main providers still not showing fibre availability are TalkTalk and Vodafone. Sky, BT, Plusnet, EE are all showing fibre available in Oughtibridge.