Anyone go to the Gregg School in Broomhill 1952/1955?

Hi Pete, hope you have managed to contact some of your fellow classmates. Was Christopher Proost in your year? Think I had left before he started, His daughter in law has put a post on here but has not come back with any more comment for whatever reason. Suggest you collect school photos from the ones you contact plus their e mails, addresses etc. and hopefully when you have around a dozen or more you could get back to me re a reunion but you will have to do the chasing up of your form. Don't think there will be another one for at least 18 months.

If anyone remembers Ray Woodcraft, then I am sorry to report his death on 26th November 2016. His funeral is at St.William's Church Ecclesall on Saturday at 12 noon.

Sorry to learn of the passing of Ray Woodcraft. I was in the same form 1961 to 1963.

Sorry to learn of the passing of Ray Woodcraft. I was in the same form 1961 to 1963.[/QU I was in the same class as his elder brother.John if I remember correctly.
Edited by dsweetman

I attended Ray's funeral. His elder brother John was too ill to attend. There were some photographs of Ray -

from being a little boy up to his prime as well as those in his schooldays as many will remember him. There was also a photograph of him with the rock band he sang with (John was one of the guitarists) . Anyone remember Johnny Hawk and the Falcons ? They did appear alongside groups such as the Hollies and Johnny Kidd and the Pirates. RIP

Haven't been on here for some time, will have to have another look when more time. Meanwhile, I think the all the people mentioned on the last page are younger than me but sadly why don't you all put your names on? it would save a lot of time trying to guess who you are.

Averil Wright

Any one out there? Gone very quiet on here, none the less hoping someone can assist. I am looking for a decent copy of "The whole school" photo, believe 1954, taken in the back yard from the typing room window. The original copy I had was destroyed many years past, leaving an electronic thumbnail copy I am unable to enlarge and distinguish faces with. Please PM me if there is anyone who can assist, many thanks in anticipation.

Years of service at Greggs were 53-58 so remember many of the incidents and events regaled on the forum. I personally have fond memories of my time there, realising it's failings and frailties, together with people I meet and befriended.

Hoping all on here are well or as can be expected, Take Care All.

---------- Post added 07-04-2017 at 17:18 ----------

Bill Haley, the original who I saw with you 14-2-57 Leeds, thanks for the reply despite it doesn't solve my request. I would have sent a PM but apparently I don't have enough credit on my membership.

Also thanks for info about Facebook, which I don't do but may have to so that I may achieve what I need.

Regarding a get together on the 28th, presume it would be same venue as last year, I wasn't aware so thank you. Unfortunately missed previous one and would be delighted to get another chance. Will I see you there? The name I know but to my shame the face evades me, none the less many thanks for info with best regards.

The Mercure Hotel, Sheffield near the M1 on the 26th April is open to GS students

who wish to meet up for an informal get together. Time - 11.30am

Copies of the 1955 and 1965 Speech Day Booklets. Leavers of late 50 and early 60s are likely to be there.

---------- Post added 16-04-2017 at 16:47 ----------

I have been in contact with Richard Storrie, he is living in South Shields and joined the Navy after leaving school. I see you put this on several years ago but have only just noticed it. I am Averil Wright and I left school 1959.

---------- Post added 22-04-2017 at 10:17 ----------

Sorry but I've lost your PM message and right now I don't know how to get a PM to you. Nevertheless hope to see you on the 26th (next Wednesday) or anyone else who would like to attend the Mercure 11.30 am.

Lost it? Hopefully you read it first then you will know who I am.

Sent two in fact, as I got no confirmation they had sent, then spat out the dummy sent one of these posts and that never appeared. Maybe this one will, must be me or the gremlins, Oh! could be the technology.

:huh: Just turn up on Wednesday if you can. Still can't see anything in PM, sure you sent one!!!! Anyway hopefully all will be revealed on Wednesday.

Averil

Happy Christmas to everyone. I was in touch recently with Margaret Hunter who married Barry Toms. Margaret is a high flyer with Hampshire Chamber of Commerce .She was also secretary at the school after leaving the 5th Form. Does anyone remember Barry who I remember as a very good goalkeeper. He was for a time head boy . Barry sadly died in January 2000 aged about 52 .

If anyone wants to get in touch my email address is econsheffield@blueyonder.co.uk. I was at the Gregg School from 1959-64.

Edited by utopian

Happy new year . The correspondence seems to have dried up on this site. Is there anyone who was at the Gregg School between 1959-64 ?

Does anyone know if Richard L Arnold had any other name - I am trying to trace his birth ,marriage and death ? Does any one know how old he was when he left Gregg School or at any other date ? does anyone know the age of Sutherland at any time ? Stuart Rankin was born in 1917 ,Nat (real name Maximillian) Fuchs was born in 1905 as was W.Trendall his wife was born in 1904 . Max or Nat (it must have been the way he signed M to look like an N ) died in 1979 in Sheffield and the Trendalls' died in New Zealand in c1995/6. I can find the dates if anyone is interested.