Energy price query

I have just checked my energy account with N power----it states that I have used 7% less fuel than this time last year-----and oh yes my standing order is going up from £77 /month to £92/month----this is on a fixed tariff ?

Npower is the worst of the worst. We don't even have an account with them but have problems with npower because we have a similar last name as a customer they want to contact. No matter what you tell them they are thick stupid rotten messed up. Been to ombudsmen twice and npower keeps making same mistake.

Things get worse just got another bill for boiler insurance originally from N. Power but transferred by them to Home serve. Last years payment 240 pounds next year 360 pounds that's without any breakdowns over the 4 years (premiums 1000pounds)

I have a independent service, he rings me up every October with date he can come to do it still £50 after six years, I got him out of Which mag,

I have just checked my energy account with N power----it states that I have used 7% less fuel than this time last year-----and oh yes my standing order is going up from £77 /month to £92/month----this is on a fixed tariff ?

My fuel bill was a good bit more than usual so I thought now is the time to have a look somewhere else. I was shocked to see that 92 companies were cheaper than npower,so folks shop around and save.

Things get worse just got another bill for boiler insurance originally from N. Power but transferred by them to Home serve. Last years payment 240 pounds next year 360 pounds that's without any breakdowns over the 4 years (premiums 1000pounds)

A couple of weeks go I got my Homecare renewal from BG it had gone up 20.5%. I rang them last week to see what they would offer, I said I think that it is taking the mickey that big an iincrease. He said would you consider an excess, I said no I don't want an excess then he said we can do it at last years price so am paying exactly the same as last year. I never even had to say I am looking elsewhere for a cheaper deal. It is annoying how they think people, and some will, just accept the increase and pay it. Always ring the company and see what they will offer you, if you don't ask you don't get.

Have a look at these https://www.corgihomeplan.co.uk/our-products

we have the £19 one and have been with them 4 years and had a few call outs and in the end a new boiler, brilliant service

BTW its your money not theirs, every year they try to put ours up even though we're always in credit, i just tell them to put it as it was as i'd rather i owe them than they me.

Edited by xdbx

Mine is very similar, up from £90 to £120 pcm, Npower strikes again. Made worse as we are just a shade under £500 in CREDIT. I have asked for it to be paid back about a fortnight ago, still waiting. This company does not fill you with confidence.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

The older it gets the more likely it is to break down so it makes sense the premium increases as the boiler gets older.