Single 35 mm (black white images of sheffield)

Hello. Photography is much a chance moment, being there at the right time, you find yourself sitting, laying, waiting for the right light. Other times you just take an image. It is an accident, i had no intent of becoming a photographer, now i find myself addicted in need of my next image. All these images for single 35 mm were taken on a standard 35 mil camera, the film transfered onto disk.. The image as the background is just that, an accident. Others were taken with the help of Carlos Barcode and Armchair Hippy on a walk through urban regeneration, dereliction. Somehow they work better in black and white. This forms a CV or, as i'd like to call it, a ransom note. Such change as Sheffield is going through needs to be documented and i hope from seeing this work, people will agree. To move on, i need studio space for myself, a couple of computers - a place where i can feed off others and learn then hopefully pass on what i know which is good locations. The images here were taken at Access Space (going under another paint job) Also the former home of Yorkshire Art Space; (Where this work was created) now Matilda Social Centre Five Weirs Walk; Sheffield Canal and for the first time there are images of people and a couple of self-images. Yes, they have been played about in Gimp, turned from colour to black and white with some other manipulations of which i ain't going to tell you about, that's the illusion i desire to feed you, hopefully an inspiration to work out where taken and how that illusion is formed. Well, enjoy the work, talks are in place looking for funding exhibitions and if you feel you can reply to this ransom note in the form of studio space i'll go hungry to pay the rent. Enjoy the work, thanks for viewing... 0742/Carlos Barcode/Armchair Hippy, Feb 2006 Contact for exhibitions of this work and other works: worldwarfreeatriseupdotnet phone: 0742 direct on 0781 657 2505. See The work at http://pretentiousartist.com/

Advertising & Begging

Not a bad attempt.

I'm getting a forbidden not on this server message so it's a self promotion fail anyway. :D