Sheffield 1973 (magazine)

Well done Ash. I don't think the big de-luxe Vauxhalls sold very well. Funny thing is that I lived in Sheffield 1947-1972 and never saw the Spectator. Shows how observant I was.

Well done Ash. I don't think the big de-luxe Vauxhalls sold very well. Funny thing is that I lived in Sheffield 1947-1972 and never saw the Spectator. Shows how observant I was.

It kind of reminds me of the modern day 'Westlife' magazine. Lots of adverts, and a few write ups about posh areas. Maybe I should keep the next copy.. if I find meet someone in a posh area who has a copy, and will lend it me. ;)

Thanks for putting this up ASH . It's a great idea scanning this stuff. I have a few documents that might be of interest. It will keep me occupied on a "snow day" like today.

So watch this space.

Thanks for putting this up ASH . It's a great idea scanning this stuff. I have a few documents that might be of interest. It will keep me occupied on a "snow day" like today.

So watch this space.

Keep em comin' Lostrider! :). I'm bored of all my books, as I've got all the old Sheffield ones now. I thought this find was a reight lil gem.

Hi Ash - thanks for the scan of The Spectator

that brought back a few memories ! I unfortunately had a hand

in producing some of those brilliant creative 'masterpieces' aka

advertisements, which at the time clients thought were the best

thing since sliced bread!! Thank God times and tastes have

changed ! Still trying to remember the name of the girl in the

Whitethorns Ad. Some of the faces in the social pages think

might now be John Heath fodder!! Hope not -but it was 37 years

ago !

Regards

Thanks Ash for this. The dinner dance photos make me laugh-I wonder how many gents still have (and wear) the DJs. I knew a few of those at the Insurance Dinner-didn't realise they were that old or is it just how fashions change.

Can remember being in the Spectator-a photo of me in the weightlifting room at the YMCA. Only there as five a side had been cancelled. Looked well out of place!

My mum worked at La Casina Bianca at that time (pic 19) We also lived a few doors up from the restaraunt at the time so great memories. Thanks Ash.

I always love to relax by my rear heated window. Such luxuries just aren't appreciated these days. :hihi:

Honestly, I love cars, and have never ever seen one of these! Was it a flop or what?

This Ventora was based on the same body shell as the FE Victor

I had the VX4/90 version of this car in Tropic Green Starfire (Metallic green to you) This was 4 cylinders and 90 cubic inch (2.3 litre) with overdrive on 3rd and 4th. Comfy car but drank like a fish!

I unfortunately had a hand in producing some of those brilliant creative 'masterpieces' aka advertisements, which at the time clients thought were the best thing since sliced bread

ads100 Did you have a hand in the bottom right one? :)

Surely the Rutland didn't get their moneys worth. :hihi: I don't think it could have said much less!

I had a Ventora very heavy on the juice and it used to overheat a bit, but it could catch cheetas.

Ah! The Spectator. the mag that all us 'bright young things' aspired to be in.!!! I never made it though!