Looking for my family in Sheffield-Tchorzewski

Hi!

My name is Kamila.I'm polish and I looking for my family....exactly my grandfather's brother Czeslaw Tchorzewski lived in Sheffield, he was married with Betty and they have two sons Marian and Bronislaw. Few years ago my anut looked for by "red cross" but they said Czeslaw and Betty died....I don't know nothing more and don't the way to find them...I lookin for them specialy for my grandmother....She dream about find them....If you know something text me please :) Or maybe you know what can I do to find them...

You are my hope :)

[email protected]

p.s. soory for my english :blush:

You could try to search on a website called 192.com

Put the family name in and then the place.

Good luck with your search.

Wybacz , ze nie na temat, ale musze do 5tego posta nabic :]

Eaglefree, I think you can send a pm to the OP. No need to wait till your 5 posts.

Hi Kamila - just some data from public records in case it is of interest:

Czeslaw Tchorzewski, born 21 July 1920, married Eliza (could be "Betty") Toplis Jan-Mar 1950, died Sheffield July-Sept. 1972.

Eliza Tchorzewski, née Toplis, born 22 September 1915, died Sheffield April-June 1969.

I could not find any children in the births index, but the electoral roll for 2004 (which I have on a CD) includes two Tchorzewskis in Sheffield who might perhaps be relatives - these are Malcolm Tchorzewski and Brian J. Tchorzewski. I have sent you their addresses by PM and email. Good luck!..:)

Edited by hillsbro

Czeslaw Tchorzewski, born 21 July 1920, married Eliza (could be "Betty") Toplis Jan-Mar 1950, died Sheffield July-Sept. 1972.

Eliza Tchorzewski, née Toplis, born 22 September 1915, died Sheffield April-June 1969.

I could not find any children in the births index, but the electoral roll for 2004 (which I have on a CD) includes two Tchorzewskis in Sheffield who might perhaps be relatives - these are Malcolm Tchorzewski and Brian J. Tchorzewski. I have sent you their addresses by PM and email. Good luck!..:)

Thank you soooo much:) I'm really happy!!!

Have a lovely week:)

Kamila

Thank you soooo much:) I'm really happy!!!

Have a lovely week:)

Kamila

Nice work Hillsboro'!

Well, I hope that Kamila manages to find a relative. I was surprised that I could find neither Marian nor Bronisław in the births index. Of course, these might be Polish versions of the names they were christened with, and I did find a Malcolm Tchorzewski who was born in Sheffielf in July-September 1951, but his mother's maiden name is given in the index as Mitchell, not Toplis.

There seems to be quite a "colony" of Tchorzewskis in Ipswich - of the 11 people with this surname listed on the 2004 electoral roll, 7 live in Ipswich.