Sign in to follow this  

Corporation nightclub

Hello

So what can you people of wisdom tell me about the corp?

I've been going for around 5 years when it was on Bank Street and still go now...not that i can remember much about the nights :headbang:

Reason i ask is someone has put on another thread the club started in around 92 :confused: I thought it just started when they took over from Cairo's!

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by RobT

Hello

So what can you people of wisdom tell me about the corp?

I've been going for around 5 years when it was on Bank Street and still go now...not that i can remember much about the nights :headbang:

Reason i ask is someone has put on another thread the club started in around 92 :confused: I thought it just started when they took over from Cairo's!

Thanks for any help.

The Club as an independant premises started in 1997 when they took over the former CAIRO's venue.....prior to that the 'clubs' were in the form of nights at host venues, ie SHeffield City hall ballroom, Kikis, NMB, and various other venues. Not sure about the dates but DROP started as a club using a host venue around 1992, and Reservoir Rocks started about 1994 in the upstairs room at kikis...

The name itself CORPORATION only appeared when they had their own venue in September 1997.....before that the nights were just known by their respective names, ie DROP, RESERVOIR ROCKS.......the Monday night LOADED only first appeared in 97/8 I think, it was not run at host venues prior to them acquiring own premises..

Someone correct me if my dates are wrong here....

Originally posted by goldenfleece

The Club as an independant premises started in 1997 when they took over the former CAIRO's venue.....prior to that the 'clubs' were in the form of nights at host venues, ie SHeffield City hall ballroom, Kikis, NMB, and various other venues. Not sure about the dates but DROP started as a club using a host venue around 1992, and Reservoir Rocks started about 1994 in the upstairs room at kikis...

The name itself CORPORATION only appeared when they had their own venue in September 1997.....before that the nights were just known by their respective names, ie DROP, RESERVOIR ROCKS.......the Monday night LOADED only first appeared in 97/8 I think, it was not run at host venues prior to them acquiring own premises..

Someone correct me if my dates are wrong here....

I see! So i was correct about Cairos. Not around Sheffield long enough before to know about the nights they use to put to beforehand!

Thanks for clearing that little mystery GoldenFleece :thumbsup: