Oughtibridge paper shop.

What on earth is happening to the paper shop in Oughtibridge? It's been 6 months since it was damaged by fire. Absolutely nothing has been said about it, has anyone got any information on the situation?

If I were you I'd bank on it gone forever. End of an era.

I've been past quite a few times and there were builders outside, so maybe they are refurbing now the fire has ruined it? Saying that, I don't know if it actually got the shop as the fire looked like it was upstairs.

I pass this everyday and was wondering the same. The scaffolding has been taken down without any work being done, maybe it was insured or insurance repudiated claim.

I pass this everyday and was wondering the same. The scaffolding has been taken down without any work being done, maybe it was insured or insurance repudiated claim.

Rumour has it that the insurers won't pay out. A lot of work needs to be done as there's no roof on the building, could sit like this for years like many other places that have burnt down in the past.

---------- Post added 22-09-2018 at 12:09 ----------

Drove past this morning and it looks like they are emptying all the stock out so maybe you will get your paper shop back if they are going to make a start on it.

---------- Post added 26-09-2018 at 23:39 ----------

Looks like it may be up for auction soon.