1957-58 Champions Badge

Hi, I'm in the process of creating a photo book of memories for my Dad's 80th Birthday as a surprise. I've come across the fabric badge shown as my avatar (problems getting a photo into the post) but no amount of googling turns anything up. Does anyone know what it is? I can't ask Dad or he'll know what I'm up to!

I know he played football at school (Prince Edwards) and for a local team after that (don't know who) I also know he playing in the inter-work games with English Steel / British Steel / Forgemasters

Thanks in advance!!

---------- Post added 03-05-2014 at 15:58 ----------

As its so small I'll tell you what it says

S.F.F.L at the top

and 'Champions 1957-1958' at the bottom

You would think S.F.F.L is sheffield,summat football league.[but ive no doubt you have already worked that out]then again i suppose it could be nothing like that.Sorry i cant help,lovely idea for your dad by the way.

You would think S.F.F.L is sheffield,summat football league.[but ive no doubt you have already worked that out]then again i suppose it could be nothing like that.Sorry i cant help,lovely idea for your dad by the way.

Thanks for replying :) Google is definitely not my friend on this one!!

Thanks for replying :) Google is definitely not my friend on this one!!

Whats the colour?it looks very similar to Firth Park grammer school badge what we wore but that was red..

Brownish outer

Just worked out the centre part is the same as the Sheffield & Hallamshire FA badge, so possibly one of their leagues?

Brownish outer

Just worked out the centre part is the same as the Sheffield & Hallamshire FA badge, so possibly one of their leagues?

Used to be Sheffield friendlies football league,could it be?

At first I initially thought Sheffield Federation Football League as the inter school competitions have always been know as the Sheffield Federation School Sports Leagues however I believe they have a different crest from memory of at least I seem to remember a red logo on my old school trophies.

I always thought that the likes of Sheffield Steel, Forgemasters etc played in the County Senior leagues, they were of decent standard and many a player went on to actually play professional football. The badge is as said however a Sheffield & Hallamshire FA league therefore you would presume that the league was an affiliated local FA one.

Will dig around for you on this one, I do have friends over at the local FA so I will refer the to the badge if that is ok.

Used to be Sheffield friendlies football league,could it be?

Thanks for that, I've had a dig around and not come up with anything so far, but will keep trying!

---------- Post added 03-05-2014 at 19:08 ----------

At first I initially thought Sheffield Federation Football League as the inter school competitions have always been know as the Sheffield Federation School Sports Leagues however I believe they have a different crest from memory of at least I seem to remember a red logo on my old school trophies.

I always thought that the likes of Sheffield Steel, Forgemasters etc played in the County Senior leagues, they were of decent standard and many a player went on to actually play professional football. The badge is as said however a Sheffield & Hallamshire FA league therefore you would presume that the league was an affiliated local FA one.

Will dig around for you on this one, I do have friends over at the local FA so I will refer the to the badge if that is ok.

That's really kind of you, thank you :)