9 men jailed for plotting to bomb London

Thankgod these people were caught and jailed,they could have caused carnage had they got to carry out their plot.

It appears that the muslim fanatics have plenty more who are willing to die for Jihad,this country and the west are paying a heavy price for mass immigration and the failed multi culturalism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16968518

I'd agree, there is a nutty element amongst them but the vast majority are just ordinary people like the rest of us...I don't know where it will all end..

I really do not understand why the ordinary muslims allow them to do this. They cause backlashes that affect all muslims.

Quote southcoast:

It appears that the muslim fanatics have plenty more who are willing to die for Jihad,this country and the west are paying a heavy price for mass immigration and the failed multi culturalism.

Yet these fanatics prefer to live here than in a Muslim country

I really do not understand why the ordinary muslims allow them to do this. They cause backlashes that affect all muslims.

That's true, I think there's a them and us attitude and many would not help the authorities because it would bring shame..IMO..

Ordinary muslims didn't allow them to do this anymore than you and I 'allowed' David Copeland to bomb Soho pubs.

Whenever a white Christian commits a murder, rape or robbery do you blame yourself? Are all Catholics responsible for paedophile priests? Are all parents responsible for the death of Baby Peter?

That's true, I think there's a them and us attitude and many would not help the authorities because it would bring shame..IMO..

That is very probably the situation.

3 IPP's isn't bad by recent standards but I really don't understand why IPP is not default for terrorists given the determining factor in the raw sentance number isn't the crime plotted it's at what point the police/security service swoop.

Given that the police clearly can't wait for complete proof, ie let them blow up what they are plotting to attack, it does seem we're tying the polices hands and consuming huge resources as mentioned in the article. Surely in the context of the very real global islamist terrorist threat if the police can make a solid case that their was genuine interest in carrying out a terrorist attack then IPP should be automatic?

Thankgod these people were caught and jailed,they could have caused carnage had they got to carry out their plot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16968518

A high price indeed.

Guest sibon

Can you all make an effort to discuss the topic of the thread and nothing else. Please post with a bit of decency and respect for each other.

Anyone else attacking another poster, or dragging the thread off topic, will find their account suspended.