Virgin media free upgrade?

My mate got an e-mail from Virgin saying they are upgrading his speed from 30 to 50 mgb for free in the near future.Then he got a letter last week saying that his bundle (phone,tv,broadband )had gone up by £4-50 but it was nothing to do with the free upgrade or so they say.Seems a bit fishy to me.

I know they're upgrading everyone's BB. it may be purely coincidental in your mates case, dependant upon the 'bundle' he's got.

I'm with Virgin for phone and BB, and I've recieved a letter saying they are increasing the speed of my BB, but nothing to say my costs are generally going up....YET!!!!

He has the lot (sport,films etc.)and it costs him £75-00 a month.

He has the lot (sport,films etc.)and it costs him £75-00 a month.

Blimey!!!!!!....Well all I can say is, if he's paying that much, he can probably afford £4.50......But that aside, I think you'll probably find it's something to do with the TV costs.

I'm sick of VM's price increases. I'd rather they keep the price down than give me a 'free upgrade' in speed.

I'm sick of VM's price increases. I'd rather they keep the price down than give me a 'free upgrade' in speed.

you can thank sky for that, sky increases the cost of carrying their channels, not VM's fault

you can thank sky for that, sky increases the cost of carrying their channels, not VM's fault

Sky doesn't make VM decide to round their call minutes up to the next minute, and charge ridiculous prices for 0845 numbers and not put them in their call plans. It's the phone charges where VM really hammer customers.

I got a letter that is going out to all their customers saying my bill is going up by a few pounds. I did a rapid calculation and it worked out at about a 6% increase which annoyed me. I rang and asked what I'd be getting to improve or increase the services I have and apparently nothing and yet they can still offer new customers deals on things.

I then asked slightly tongue in cheek whether I could cancel my customer subscription and then start again as a new customer, apparently no that's not allowed.

My mate got an e-mail from Virgin saying they are upgrading his speed from 30 to 50 mgb for free in the near future.

Doublespeak, it's not free because prices are going up.

I then asked slightly tongue in cheek whether I could cancel my customer subscription and then start again as a new customer, apparently no that's not allowed.

They would though, wouldn't they? ;)

I'd love to know how they could prevent you from doing so. Just tell them you're cancelling your subs, tell them why, then sit back and await the call from retentions.

Edited by Magilla

Ours is doubling from 10 to 20. Will the price go up???

Sky doesn't make VM decide to round their call minutes up to the next minute, and charge ridiculous prices for 0845 numbers and not put them in their call plans. It's the phone charges where VM really hammer customers.

dooh its not hard is it, dont call 0845 numbers simple really!

never called 1 since there are way around calling them like finding the UK 01 number, have a look on the interent, say no to 08 numbers is a good start, it shows you the right numebrs to call.