Cheap Love - Value Valentine's Cards

Just come across this story:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4105033/Asda-Valentines-Day-card-is-just-7p.html

And it got me thinking about the point of it all. I know they say it's the thought that counts, but really... you might as well not bother :D

How would you feel if you received a super value valentine's card?

Well it is the thought that counts but theres no thought in those cards,i would rather someone give me a hand drawn one to be honest,no that i will get one my hubby dosent believe in Valentines Day its a waste of money blah blah,but simple gestures are nice and dont need to cost money

Well it is the thought that counts but theres no thought in those cards,i would rather someone give me a hand drawn one to be honest,no that i will get one my hubby dosent believe in Valentines Day its a waste of money blah blah,but simple gestures are nice and dont need to cost money

You might get a 7p card, if you are lucky :D Personally, I would laugh if I got one.

:nod:Lol welllllllll i suppose i would laugh it all depends on who it comes from:wave:

:nod:Lol welllllllll i suppose i would laugh it all depends on who it comes from:wave:

Your husband, I would expect? :suspect:

I can see the queue outside Asda right now. I know how much the average forummer likes a bargain :D

:Ha ha run before asda cards are sold out!! and noooooo hubby dosent do romance :love:

They also don't need to be made on Valentine's Day. I buy my wife flowers when I feel like it, not because the date in the calendar tells me I'm supposed to. The one day of the year she's guaranteed NOT to get anything, is February 14th.

Best get myself down to Asda, hadn't I?!

Watch out forum ladies :D

I hate Valentines day with a passion. I don't need a day for my partner to tell me they love me. We do that every day. I would be well miffed at him feeling the need to buy over expensive gifts just because its Valentines day - rip off for me I'm afraid.

Hmmmmmmmmm will it be anonymous??? oh wait the ladies will know now because you just told everyone shhhhhhhhhh:thumbsup: i wont tell them

I hate Valentines day with a passion. I don't need a day for my partner to tell me they love me. We do that every day. I would be well miffed at him feeling the need to buy over expensive gifts just because its Valentines day - rip off for me I'm afraid.

It's not a rip off at 7p ;)

I always tell the hubby not to bother getting my any gifts on special occasions (Valentines, Birthays, Crimbo etc) as there's nothing I really want for (other than the things i'll probably never be able to afford such as a mansion, holiday home etc!). I tell him I'd just like a nice card so i'd like to think that he would know better!!!