Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/889206-top-totty-banned-in-parliamentary-bar-after-mp-kate-greens-complaint

I don't know any females that would agree with this but I am in a bit of a male dominated job. If females in other jobs agree with this then I am mightily glad I hang around with men.

There is a big difference between equality and trying desperately to be offended by inconsequential things! Breaking news men and women often find members of the opposite sex attractive! Theres no need to get offended by that!

That said-how much of the story to believe:suspect:

sorry - but there's a time and a place, and parliament isn't it

unfortunately, these things create an 'atmosphere'. encouraging drinkers to 'leer' isn't appropriate when the women available to leer at are colleagues

Its not in parliament its in the pub-what are they supposed to be leering at? Its a cartoon. Jessica rabbit was far sexier than that!

If that picture was on the wall of the commons then I wouldn't be commenting.

Shadow equalities minister Kate Green said she was "disturbed" to hear it was on sale in The Strangers' Bar, which is where politicians can bring guests.

If that disturbs her, her life must be very disturbed unless she walks round with a blind fold on.

Sally Beercow :hihi::hihi::hihi:

oh my how much does she do my head in:hihi:

Apparently the woman was disturbed that there was a picture of a nearly naked woman on the tap. When I am on a beach I am not nearly naked, I am wearing a bikini. Admittedly I wouldn't wear it in a pub but the cartoon isn't "nearly naked", she is in a bikini and she is a drawing!

Edited by llamatron

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/889206-top-totty-banned-in-parliamentary-bar-after-mp-kate-greens-complaint

I don't know any females that would agree with this but I am in a bit of a male dominated job. If females in other jobs agree with this then I am mightily glad I hang around with men.

There is a big difference between equality and trying desperately to be offended by inconsequential things! Breaking news men and women often find members of the opposite sex attractive! Theres no need to get offended by that!

That said-how much of the story to believe:suspect:

Most people in employment are not allowed a drop of alcohol during work hours, let alone have their own bar on premises.

The Steward of the bar probably got it in knowing it would get at least one MPs knickers in a twist, the bar staff probably even had a sweepstake going. :hihi:

Again I have no idea whether this is true but I read in a blog that she doesn't even use the bar:loopy:

Again I have no idea whether this is true but I read in a blog that she doesn't even use the bar:loopy:

To quote what she said in Parliament...

“Will the Leader of the House arrange a debate on dignity at work in Parliament? Last night I was disturbed to learn that the guest beer in the Strangers Bar is called Top Totty, and that there is a picture of a nearly naked woman on the tap. As well as arranging a debate, will the Leader of the House join me in asking for that beer to be withdrawn from the bar immediately?”

Take what you will from the above quote, but I get the impression from the above that she was told about the beer in question. So, your source could be correct :)

Good Lord.

If she's upset about that it's a good job they aren't serving Dorothy Goodbody's Wholesome Stout!

Top Totty used to be on sale regularly in The Cask and Wellie, a very nice drop of ale!